Chapter Twent-eight: The System [3]

"What do you mean I'm the reason his cold worsen?" Rei bewilderedly ask, almost choking from her drink after Zamira approached her and complained.

But instead of answering, Zamira just glared at her, then turn around. Stomping her feet in annoyance.

On the other hand, Rei was left baffled by the girl's complaint.

"What the hell is wrong with that b*tch?" She mumbled, sitting down next to Rinalyn and Luna to one of the bench on the oval.

Rinalyn waved her hand, "Ignore her." She remark.

Luna quietly read the book she borrowed from the library, she was finally able to get out from the suspension from the librarian, nevertheless she still was given looks everytime she enter.

Going back, Luna find  zamira's action weird. She seem to really like Remus, but sadly it's a one sided love.

Speaking of the vulnerable Remus. He was persistent, he kept on insisting to find Rei despite being dizzy and walking wobbly. She was there, and even was a witness when the boy fainted due to his cold. As for Rei, she didn't seem to have even a scratch on her when Luna saw her back at the dorm.

'That guy... doesn't he believe in Rei?'

"By the way, have you guys learned the magic that was given to us to perform next week?" Suddenly asked Rinalyn.

"Oh please, don't remind me of that. I kept failing, ugh!" Rei complained leaning on the bench. "What about you? I bet you've perfect it."

"Of course not! The magic that got assigned to me is literally tough, adding the burden of those demons inside of me, who keeps on meddling with my mana flow." Rinalyn shook her head in distress, sighing.

"What about you Luna?" Asked Rei, as they both looked at the purple haired maiden who seem to be too focused on to the book on her hand.

Luna turn to them as she answered their question "Oh... I've gotten to the basic but I still keep on failing."

'Moreover, I'm worrying about this world's system. I'm stressed enough as it is.'

"I guess we all have it rough huh?"

The three of them sighed in unison, distress about their own problem.

Suddenly, Luna abruptly stood up. Making the two to be startled.

"Whoa, what happened?" Asked Rei surprised and worried.

Luna looked uneasy as she kept glancing back at them "I, err...I have to go!"

With that Luna dash off leaving the two bewildered by her weird reaction, until they look over to the direction Luna has been glancing before running off.

There they saw Dion and seem to have noticed them as he waved and smiled, but then turned around after, eventually leaving the oval.

Rinalyn and Rei glance at each other baffled, and weirded out by the whole situation.

***

Agapius and Aella who was left behind the dorm was playing snake and ladders as they converse with an issue.

"Any finds?" Asked Aella rolling the dice.

"Nothing. I found no traces even." Agapius responded as he scorn.

Aella sighed, shrugging before placing her piece 5 step ahead the cardboard trail.

It was really odd, agapius knew that there's indeed something corrupting his system, however the culprit left no trace at all. But this uneasiness and ominous feeling he's been having wouldn't go away.