Fake Laughter Over Forgotten Truth

His eyes half open, he saw a red glow of fake light in the sky as if the clouds were its own sun, making its own light. In the red sky they shine, surrounding Willow with a forced happiness at him, and he saw around them their own jealousy of themselves, envying each other of everything and torturing Willow into being like them.

With a long face, he gazed at them and dizzily thought and thought until he could no longer. The glowing clouds started to form into memories and guilt, until Willow empathized them all, and empathized everyone around him that he had hurt in the past. In which, he had noticed all emotions possibly but never, never noticing his, never noticing his own pain, happiness, or just general emotions. He was undead but never buried and was never missed nor remembered.

All suddenly, he did not exist and constantly heard a piano playing in his misery throughout the rest of the night. And then, he woke up.

A beam of light burnt his face, and he opened his eyes once more to the sun's shine. Willow covered his eyes with his arm and sat still then uncovered his eyes to look around at the empty grass, so strangely green. And yet, his mind was empty again for he had left his memories behind once again.

He stood up and looked around once more, then started walking out of his zone where he had been stuck in for as long as he could no longer remember. "For how long I have been dreaming?" he asked himself and

the thought echoed through his mind, and then other voices joined that thought throughout Willow's walk around others. He wanted to cover his ears, but not even his soul could control his body, nor could it control his mind, therefore it came to his mind, "Everything had control of him, but himself."

He found a lonely, abandoned apartment which was also connected to a building nearby which was a company of detectives. He examined the building and then the apartment, so familiar that Willow saw reflects of people by the apartment. He placed his hand on the doorknob, pushed it down and the door creaked open by itself. There, he saw an empty orange couch, a television in front above a bookshelf full of movies, CD's, photos, and many decorations such as figurines, and burnt-out candles.

He took a few steps in and chills went down his spine as he stepped back into more memories. He looked at the counter on the side that led to the kitchen, all full of dishes and cups with expired milk, expired food, and dusty objects. And on the ground, a kitchen knife that seemed to have been rusty, yet still sharp and strong, but the handle was not attached to the blade, they were separated.

He walked around the hallways, shivering out of anxiety and nostalgia. He looked to the left, which was a room with its door wide open. The room was surprisingly clean, the bed was white, and so was the rest of the bedroom itself, so empty that it looked like somebody had never used it or stepped inside the room in the first place. He returned uninterested and looked to the right where a door closed catches Willow's attention. He placed his hand on the doorknob and chills went down his spine as thoughts took over him once again, wondering what he could possibly find in the room.

"What if somebody is there?" He thought to himself and quickly opened the door, breaking the doorknob. Yet, the door was opened, and Willow gazed at two bunk beds beside each other, and in the middle, a cabinet with a lamp on top. By the lamp was a picture of three familiar faces, and a ripped-out part of the bottom. He stared at that picture and walked up close to it, he found himself picking it up. The frame was cold, yet fluffy with dust in it, and the picture had dust too, and yet old looking as if it was mistreated in the past. He looked at the faces and in the top left corner was a boy with short, blonde hair and dark skin, smiling as bright as anyone could. He saw the boy hugging a girl on the bottom left which had white hair, and light skin looking shyly into the center where must have been the camera. On the top right corner was a tanned skin girl with white hair who looked like the oldest one. Willow took several minutes exanimating the faces and putting the picture down.