Buried Memory

He rose from the snow, with red eyes and cheeks filled with tears, and shivering from the cold bliss. Nothing had crossed his mind until then nor had any other feeling except misery out of nothingness. His memories were buried down in the snow by a Willow tree that had its leaves strangling Willow's neck, and something else deep below the snow. Whatever it could have been, he worried about, and once tried to save it, though he found himself coming back from the surface—as for the Willow tree never let him find out. He stood up from the snow, immediately falling back down because of his weak frozen legs, though the Willow tree dragged him back up and helped him walk forward through the bliss of snow until he managed to walk by himself. The Willow tree let go of his neck, and so then let go of what was down below in the snow as well. Willow looked forward to seeing nothing, but emptiness and endless snow. He then started walking around, as it was the only thing he could do at last, leaving traces of his tears and footsteps that not even the snow would cover, until he stepped on a doorknob that was barely covered by the snow but instead carried within its progress of growing. He wept as he hugged the doorknob, for his memories were stuck within it and never let go of. In pain he wept quieter, for no one else to hear and hoping he would one day stop weeping.

Three figures far away revealed themselves, walking towards him, quiet enough for not even Willow to hear due to the bliss that covered his eyes to see what was going on towards him. He flinched and heard a glass breaking as he felt warm bodies on him, and he looked around to see his

Children embracing him. He soon shivered not from the cold anymore but from the tears in his eyes. He then embraced them back tightly and soon let go of the doorknob until it hit the snow and until then, the bliss slowly stopped, and so did Willow start to dissolve, into the snow. He looked back at his children for the last time and looked back at the Willow tree, until then he disappeared to be buried back with it, no longer with bliss but with a calm snow falling from the sky.

The children hugged each other and promised to be by each other's side for eternity.

The snow stopped and grass started to grow back again in the garden, and so did flowers. Mildred looked back at a tombstone, then placed a few flowers above it. "Are you done yet? You are taking so long to just place some flowers!" Mylo yelled at Mildred from afar, as he then sighed and stood up. "Can I not say goodbye to my father for once, please???" He said in an angry tone. "Okay do not start another argument again--" Lily said until she was then interrupted by both of their voices.

"We are not arguing!" Mylo and Mildred said together. "Fine, let us just get to Mildred's place to do something maybe..." she turned back to the road, as she saw cars zoom by, then quickly started smiling and running away. "Hey! Be careful with the bags!" Mildred said as he then started chasing Lilac. "What a bunch of idiots..." Mylo mumbled under his breath as he smiled and ran behind them saying, "Wait for me!"

Lilac then opened the door of a small house and placed the bags on the table then sat down on the couch. "Phew, that was a close one." She said as Mildred ran inside the house slowly as he panted and lay down on the couch. "I will get you next time..." He said as he stared at Lilac dead in the eyes. "You two, are so childish. Why can you just not play kids games once in your lives?" Mylo said as he entered the house and closed the door behind him. "Says the one that came back ten seconds after us,

I have been counting Mylo. You obviously chased after us." he said as he eyerolled then smiled at Mylo innocently then crossed his legs. "Oh, and could you pass me my alcohol please?" Mylo then sighed and picked up a bottle from the bag, and approached Mildred, "Mills, it did not go well last time you did this." Mildred then took the bottle, "Please, last time I drank was last month and three days, and I am 23." He then opened it. "Of course, but do not drink a lot." Mylo said as he sat down and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. "Gosh, you two are crazy" Lilac said as she hugged a pillow. Mildred then looked at Mylo as he pulled out a lighter, "Aye! Not in my house!" He shouted at Mylo as he put down the bottle and then snatched the cigarette pack and the lighter out of Mylo's hands. "Fine..." Mylo eyerolled and laid down on the couch.

Mildred then sat down on the couch and looked at the roof as he drank a shot. "What a great way to be alive huh? All of us together even though we have been terrible to each other. I just want you both to know that...I love you guys. After all of that happened, we stuck together and that is all that matters now, isn't it? Our parents rest now deep below, and now it's up to us to finish our story together." He said as he smiled in relief.