Drowsing Awake

He let go of himself and followed wherever his muscle memory could take him—somewhere he could call home. Until his shoes showed a bright blue, that sunlight shone on it and followed where the light was coming from to notice the light of a window, slightly blocked by black, metal frames and shiny, clean glass. 

Willow investigated through the glass to see several shiny tall tables with two red chairs facing each other through the tables, and a shiny red counter with a menu on it. Willow looked away from the window where there was a door beside it, he then placed his hand on the handle and pushed it to be hit by the light coming from it. His nose was pleased to smell sweet fruits with vanilla, he then smiled slightly for a second and stopped as his stomach started to feel uncomfortable. He looked around to see a man standing by, holding a cup that was filled with a smooth, pink substance and curled cream on top of it. The man looked at Willow and greeted him, then asking him if he would want it.

"Greetings good sir, would you like this milkshake? It is the last one I have done for the day before leaving."

"Glad! That will be $3.99. You can leave after taking it!"

"Thank you" Willow said with a soft feather tone, handing ten dollars to the man, and leaving with the milkshake in hand, cooling up his hand. He looked forward to the silent street that was abandoned into places called homes. Yet Willow still tried to find one, he walked forward and met with the brick apartment, and the tall building by it. He faced the wooden door and placed his hand yet again on the handle that sent down chills onto his spine, for the night was colder than ever, and so was his body in the metal. 

He twisted the handle, so slow that it felt like years were passing by through every little twist his hand took to open the door. He looked inside the house that was covered in the light that was hidden from his eyes, therefore he sees darkness. He left the door open behind him and walked to the kitchen, lighting up a match and then lighting a candle that melted the hidden memories once again. He picked up a small plate from the candle then held the candle down to it. Letting the candle drop the tears into the plate and using them to glue itself onto the small plate. Willow took the plate to the living room and placed it on the table and threw himself down to the couch quietly. He looked at the milkshake in his hand and took a small sip of it, to then taste its sweet, strawberry flavor. He smiled slightly in satisfaction with his appetite and looked at the ceiling decorated with the spider webs and dust. He sipped the milkshake as he saw webs swing so softly that it tore Willow's consciousness as his body warmed up by candle's gentle flame and cooled by the milkshake's cold taste. 

He put the milkshake by his side and took a small breath of fresh fire that filled the living room and admired the shadows that reflected on the ceiling while the fire flashed several times to reveal his own silhouette on it. He raised the milkshake once more and took a last sip, and then a last breath until he placed the milkshake on the table and laid himself on the couch. Once more he smiled at the webs that acted as strings, on the ceiling that swung so gracefully that it carried Willow's shadow within them. Willow placed his hands on his chest and felt his heartbeat, so real that it made him feel fake. He thought to himself, "This is no reality, for all I have felt these past hours, was no reality at all. However, myself would wish I had been in reality" His voice had no strength to exit from his mouth, nor did his lips have strength to open. He raised his arm to reach out to the candleholder and placed it in front of his lips, to then blow soft air towards it. 

In his eyes, it was all blank for a moment, and all his senses flew away from his body. Escaping from himself, he opened his eyes once more to see the gray sky once again. He then turned aside to see a girl's tan hands covered in fuzzy bubbles, and her skin shining in each direction of her hand as she swung it through a dish. Willow watched for several seconds and looked up to where the hand was coming from to see long white hair, and a smile that covered it. She looked towards him to reveal numb blue eyes and a giggle that greeted him. She then turned back to the dishes and Willow stared longingly at her, seeing something in her, so indescribable, his mind then felt an emptiness taking over it, while the giggle repeatedly echoed through. He turned away and looked at an orange couch with a television that was filled with red static, and a blonde man obsessively watching with a glass in hand.