Chapter 7- The Bite

After El had calmed down, she started telling everyone what had happened, and what Billy had said to her

The Hopper girl was sat on the couch, leaning against Stiles as she talked. "He said he was building something. That it was all for me."

Max furrowed her eyebrows, shaking her head slightly. "Building something... is he talking about the flayed?"

The oldest Wheeler nodded, scratching her head. "He must be."

Lucas pursed his lips, nodding slightly. "So, he's building an army, just like we thought."

Rory nodded. "Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread."

"He's building it to stop Eleven." Will finished, catching onto what she was saying.

Mike nodded along. "Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off."

The Sinclair boy nodded. "Like, royally."

Stiles huffed, rubbing her face slightly. "No shit."

The raven-haired boy pursed his lips. "And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him. But if she's out of the way-"

"Game over." Lucas cut him off.

El shifted slightly, leaning more into the Harrington girl. "He also said he was gonna kill all of you."

The group shared a look, in slight discomfort.

Stiles nodded sarcastically, clicking her tounge. "Oh, that's... great."

Everyone was silent for a moment, before Nancy furrowed her eyebrows, walking towards a window. "Do you guys hear that?" She shuddered.

The others all shared a look, listening to the sound coming from outside the cabin.

"The extremely loud fireworks, that sound like bombs going off? No, definitely don't hear those." Stiles shrugged sarcastically, earning an elbow to the ribs from Max.

The Wheeler girl huffed, rolling her eyes in annoyance, turning around. "Stiles... shut up."

The younger twin instantly nodded, placing her hands on her knees. "Absolutely."

Mike, Will, Lucas and Rory chuckled quietly to themselves, while Max, El and Jonathan held in their laughter.

The older girl then turned to El, pointing at her. "Billy. When he told you this, it was here, in this room?"

The Hopper girl nodded, making Stiles suddenly stand up, thinking what Nancy was thinking.

In the distance, the group all heard a loud thudding noise coming from outside.

The Harrington girl instantly tensed, reaching up to her neck, feeling the goosebumps on her skin, that same fear filling her body.

She caught Will's eye, both having the same look on their faces. "He knows we're here." They both said, swallowing thickly.