Chapter 16- The Massacre At Hawkins Lab

So, after the five teens were caught by the police, they were taken back to the Wheeler's house (with Max practically glaring a hole into Stiles's head the whole way) and were now all now on the couch

Stiles felt the red-heads burning gaze, gulping slightly. It was safe to say...

She was utterly screwed.

Yeah, Max didn't know about the brunettes record with the police (considering it was the only thing she has been able to keep from her.) But, now that she does... Stiles was gonna get an earful.

Everyone's parents (minus Stiles and Max's, and Chloe's uncle) were standing and sitting near the couch the teens were on, while Erica was near the back, all watching as Powell questioned them.

Powell cleared his throat, looking at the Harrington girl. "Stiles."

The brunette looked up, raising a brow. "Powell. Or can I call you Calvin? You know, since we're on a first name basis."

The older man huffed, shaking his head. "You think you can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?"

Stiles pursed her lips, shrugging slightly as she gave a sarcastic smile. "If you can ask the questions, without the usual level of stupid."

Max and Chloe shared a look of disbelief, both nudging her in the ribs, as they were both sat next to her, Max on the right, and Chloe on the left, making her wince slightly.

Powell sighed. "Where's your brother, and why's no one been able to contact him? Considering your parents are out of town."

The youngest Harrington scoffed, shaking her head. "They wouldn't care even if they were here. And as for my brother... I don't know, I haven't see him in hours."

The parents all gave the girl a sympathetic look, knowing how much her parents weren't around. They all see Stiles as their daughter in some way, considering she's been in their lives for a long time.

The chief narrowed his eyes. "Is he drinking again?"

Yeah... that was also another thing. Everyone (especially the police department) thought that Steve was the one drinking, not her.

About seven months ago, Stiles got slightly drunk and decided to drive Steve's car.

Crashing it into a tree.

After that, she got out and left the car there. But, of course, the police found it the next day, along with a bottle of whisky in the car, and thought Steve was the one who did it.

And of course... Steve wouldn't tell them it was his sister. He needed to protect her from everything. Including getting arrested or being admitted to see a therapist. She already had a therapist. The school one was fine.

So... he took the fall. But, he didn't get arrested so it was fine. He just got a warning.

The brunette narrowed her eyes, feeling Max gently grab her hand, intertwining their fingers for comfort. "What do you mean 'again'? He never had to stop."