{Chapter 3} - Love as strong as jealousy

" So Ayato, what has you over heals for Yuki?" Spoke Aidou, they were in the middle of class.

" I like here personality, not to forget the fact that she is  beautiful" He spoke, a smirk appearing on his face.

" I don't think beauty should be an important part to liking someone, Ayato" Kaname spoke, Jealousy was in his voice. His eyes shinning red as the light touches their surface.

" Why not? Beauty is a part of everyone." A smirk raised upon Ayato's face, his eyes closing the more his smirk grows.

Kaname grunts.

Ayato's smirk vanishes. ' I see. So Kaname likes Yuki? This could get interesting.'

" What's wrong Kaname are you jealous she might like me instead of you?"

Kaname's temper snapped, glass was shattered from the windows as he forcefully closed his book. He still sat in his seat, with his eyes lock on Ayato.

" How dare you speak to Lord Kaname that way!" Ruka stood up, stomping her feet as she approaches Ayato ready to grip his shirt. But Akatsuki stepped in before she could reach him, doing his best to calm her down.

" Don't you dare think that she would ever choose you over me!" growled Kaname. Running down to pin Ayato to the table, hissing as he threatens him with his fangs. 

" My my, So this is the temper of the great Kaname Kuran. I am disappointed in you, I hoped this would be more enter..."

" AYATO!" Reiji roared, walking towards the two men.

" I leave you alone for two minutes and you already start an argument. I am sorry for my brothers lack of manners and respect, I find it quite embarrassing to be related to him."

" Theres no need to apologize on his behalf... If I ever catch you speak ill of Yuki again, I swear it will be your last." Kaname walked off, giving himself time to cool down. His throat became dry as he used up most of his energy on Ayato, He needed to find somewhere safe for him to rest.

...

It was the morning after, Kaname had been up all night unable to sleep. Thoughts rushed through his head as Ayato's words still crowded his mind. 'Could Yuki like him? No she can't.'

Kaname grew frustrated with his thoughts, the thought of Ayato and Yuki being together made his skin crawl with disgust. He couldn't help but punch the wall that was next to him to relieve him of his anger.

" Lord Kaname, is everything okay?" spoke Takuma out of worry.

" Everything's fine, Ichijo. Now please leave." He demanded, with anger lingering in his voice. He only caught onto his change of tone after he spoke.

" Yes, Lord Kaname." Takuma started walking away, Kaname listened to his footsteps until they were no longer noticeable.

He pressed the palm of his hand to his face, everything except and eye was covered. Kaname regretted what Ayato was turning him into.

* Distant Laughing*

Kaname snapped out of his daze to a familiar sound, it was Yuki. He walked over to the window and gazed upon the figure of Yuki he smiled when he saw her face." I am not!" The smile ended when a burning hatred started to burn again.  He knew she was talking about him. " You are Yuki."

" Yori! There is nothing going on between us."

" Then why does he give you all those hugs." Yuki raised a finger to her chin, just underneath her lip as she thought.

" You know what, I don't know. But I kind of like it." A grin appeared on her face as soon as she spoke. She walked off with Yori, continuing to talk. Kaname closed the curtains, filling his room with darkness as he layed on the chair with his arm covering his face.

" Yuki" He sobbed quietly, trying to hold back tears.