{chapter 7} - what is love?

"Uh, Zero I thought you were in your room." I stood up giving a nervous smile, startled by his sudden appearance.

" I was but then I heard you run out. Has anything happened between you and Kaname?"

I shook my head while playing with my sleeve. " Why would you say that?" Zero folded his arms as he spoke.

" You've been acting strange around him lately and you've been spending time with Ayato."

" We're just friends, Zero" I yelled.

" I don't buy it." I gasped at his reply. I knew I couldn't hide anything.

" I wouldn't blame you. I have been acting weird, haven't I?" I continued to play with my sleeve.

" That's why I'm asking you if you're okay." He unfolded his arm's and approached me comfortingly.

I stood silent, looking down at the ground as tears started to appear in my eyes.

" You can tell me Yuki." I looked up at him, there was worry in his eyes. I knew it was hurting him not knowing.

" Me and Ayato are kind of in a relationship."

" What kind of relationship? is it serious?" His eyes widened, he became slightly more worried that I would of thought.

" No, we only kissed once and the was the night when."

" When what." He gripped his hands tightly in a fist, he knew something had happened.

" When Kaname hurt me." I bursted out in tears, unable to stop them.

" I'M GONNA KILL HIM!" He roared, his fists gripping tighter. He started to walk off, but I ran in front of him holding my arms out.

" No! Zero you can't."

" AND WHY NOT!" His eyes looked different, they were bright red.

" I'm sure it was an accident." I looked to the floor, knowing that those words weren't good enough to defend Kaname.

" You can't possibly believe that."

" Zero, just, promise me you won't hurt him." I wiped tears from my eyes as I looked up, He looked so worried and angry at the same time.

" But."

" Promise me, Zero!" I managed to calm him for now, but I don't know what will happen afterwards.

" Okay, I promise." He hugged me tight, never letting me go. His chin was rested on my head as I fell asleep in his arms.

...

( Normal P.o.v)

Yuki was sleeping, she kept tossing and turning in her sleep. Grunting every time she turned. 'Scary vampire's gonna eat me' a child's voice spoke.

" Kaname!" She yelled in her sleep, as she saw an image of him.

She felt something touch her and her eyes shot open. A hand was placed on her arm, she moved her eyes upwards and met the eyes of someone else. It was Kaname.

" Ah, Kaname what are you doing here!" She immediately sat up, shocked by seing his face.

" I heard you shout my name and I came to see what the problem was. But it was only a dream." He sat on the bed next to her, reaching his hand out to move a piece of hair from her face but she moved away from it.

" Right." She looked away from Kaname's eyes, they grew sad. They sat looking away from each other until Kaname felt the need to say something.

" I'm sorry, Yuki."

" Uh, for what?" She look straight at him, wondering what he could mean.

" For what happened."

" Don't worry about it, I gave you a shock and I know you wouldn't ever want to hurt me." She gave him a light smile, to show her forgiveness.

" I never meant to hurt you and I could never dream of it. You have every right to hate me, I hurt someone that means more to me than anything else." He looked away, his voice breaking as tears almost reached his eyes.

Yuki raised her hand to put two fingers under his chin, she brought his face to look at her as she leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.

" I could never hate you, Kaname." 

She fell asleep, her head resting on his chest. Just under the crook of his neck. He tucked her into the sheets and laid next to her staring at her while she slept.

...

Yuki woke up the next morning, Kaname was sleeping next to her. She couldn't help but kiss his forehead as she rested her hands in his hair and waited form him to awake. When he awoken, she looked into his eyes and smiled. He reached out his hand and cupped her cheek, returning the look she gave him.

He began to lean in, his lips almost touching hers. But he was stopped by a knock on the door.

" Yuki! It's time to get up, school starts in 15 minutes." Shouted Zero from the other side.

Yuki sighed as she sat up, rubbing her eyes as she lifted herself from the bed walked towards the closet door. Kaname layed there and stared as she got out her uniform, Yuki was too tired to notice until she fully awake. Her eyes shot open, luckily she never got undressed in front of him.

"So, what are your plans for today." He spoke deeply.

" Well..." She rose her hand, pointing at her lip as she thought " Ayato said he would pick me up after classes, but he's been saying that for a few days now."

" I see." Hurt was in his voice, Yuki noticed this and debated on saying something.

" You hate him don't you?"

" What do you mean?" She turned to look at him, his eyes looked sad and she didn't want to hurt him more than she has done already.

" Well, He did kiss me the other day and I don't know if that's supposed to mean something. But I know he told you." She put her hands behind her back, playing with her sleeve as she became nervous.

" I see. Do you want me to ask him what his intentions are."

" What! No there's no need for that really." She waved her hands in front of herself, sweat dripping down her face.

" Okay then. I shall leave you to get dressed." He walked towards her giving her a hug, but before she could do anything he leaned into her. Kissing her, while cupping her cheek with his eyes closed. He said nothing else and left.

Yuki stood there confused by what had happened.