[4]

"protect?", yn repeated his words almost inaudibly, her forehead wrinkled in deep confusion, "protect me from what, jungkook?", she asked, noticing as his muscle seemed to be tensing up, considering that he was still shirtless and she could witnes...

"protect?", yn repeated his words almost inaudibly, her forehead wrinkled in deep confusion, "protect me from what, jungkook?", she asked, noticing as his muscle seemed to be tensing up, considering that he was still shirtless and she could witness any single bit of tautness that seemed to be crawling up his body.

and here he was now, confronted by the least person he had wished to ever encounter again and ask him this specific question, ask him why he left her.

he couldn't tell her, he never wanted to tell her and he swore himself to keep that promise to himself although everyone would tell him to do otherwise, he knew it was for the better and it was the only option that would cause as less harm as possible, and that's what he preferred even though it also meant to let go of her.

"jungkook come on! i fucking deserve to know, don't you think?", she kept pressing, hearing the tremor in her voice as he could literally feel the fear and anticipation radiating from her body, she was curious yet scared to find out about his reasonings.

"you wouldn't even understand it so brush it off, curiosity kills the cat anyways.", he waved her off, turning in his heels and plopping himself down on his black leather couch, reaching out for his electric car, preoccupying himself in tuning it and ignoring the girl shamefully, which unsurprisingly annoyed her to her core, infuriating her even.

"i didn't even know that there is such an asshole living inside of you, fame truly spoiled you..", yn snorted out, sending him a very reproachful facade of hers whilst jungkook on the other hand didn't seemed fazed, he nonchalantly shrugged of her rebukes and continued tuning his guitar.

"great, i can live with that.", slimming her lips down and pressing them up against each other solely, a mechanism of hers to hold back her threatening tears, she realized that there was no use in holding this discussion with him, he wasn't willing to listen to her and neither was he truly caring about her feelings, he wasn't the one she used to know back then, the one she befriended, no he was just an arrogant and egocentric rockstar, who was shutting down his suffers and rather drowned those in drugs and alcohol, he was a hopeless case.

"fine..then continue destroying your stupid life! but i definitely won't visit your funeral!", she hissed out through her gritted teeth, still counteracting her daring tears although some of them have already managed to bream the corner of her eyes and it was almost completely impossible to shelter her vulnerability from him now.

"and? after all, you didn't attend my brother's funeral either..", jungkook suddenly jolted his head almost aggressively, his eyes glaring daggers towards her and for a brief moment the whole room was swallowed in silence, only the soft sobs that managed to slip off yn's tongue where the ones they could hear but she didn't have the strength to say something back to him, her throat was laced up and she felt her heart hammering in her ears— she was more than broken by his words but she knew he was too, and he was the one suffering the most.