[7]

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️
this chapter mentions and contains scenes of anxiety and panic attacks as well as the mention of drugs and alcohol influence. if you do feel triggered by that, please refrain from reading this chapter, for the sake of your own health and safety. thank you.

◄ ◊ ►

◄ ◊ ►

perceiving these words rolling off her rosy and slightly pouty lips, jungkook's muscles seemed to be frozen again and he found himself plodding to move a single centimeter of them.

and he truly hated this feeling.

the feeling of losing control over himself and his own body, unleashing this weakness and vulnerability, which he has been sealing in the depths of his body for so long, not letting anyone reach it..

well, except for her. she was a whole different story.

every single wall, that he has build up in front of him was crashing and breaking down in millions of pieces when it came to her, and every pain, every suffer and sorrow he had dealt with was vanishing, it was as if she was healing him from these.

she made him feel safe, comfortable and comforted. something he has always been seeking for although he would never officially admit that.

and the question was as clear as crystal snow - he had missed her, more than anything on this damn cruel world that has bought him nothing but pain and loneliness but he was more than assured that now wasn't the right time to talk about something like that, it was involving a lot of sensitive and major emotions and after what she has been gone through today, he wasn't sure if she was ready to cope with them as well.

and that's why he chose to avoid her words, pretend as if he didn't hear them, as if they didn't matter to him.

"you should sleep now.", he advised her and from the expression that was coated over her puffy and sleepy features, he could see that she didn't anticipate that response at all, no. she almost looked..hurt and disappointed.

"d-didn't you miss me?", she choked out, her head heaving up slightly, her eyes no longer looking sleepy but wide sized up, she almost looked horrified and that was the moment when he regretted his decision of brushing it off like it wasn't of importance and rather meaningless when he was more than certain that it took her a lot of courage to tell him that.

he truly felt guilty. but the the less she knows about his feelings, the better it is and the easier it is for her to forget him again.

"why would you even ask me that now..you can't even keep your eyes open..", he snapped out, eyes collapsing on the floor underneath of him whilst he plopped himself up on his elbow, giving himself some more support.

"i wanted to let you know and know about your feelings too.", and that was enough for jungkook to raise his head very leisurely, his eyes darting in hers whilst they were soaked up with nothing but shock and disbelief. he had a hard time believing his ears again.