Chapter Twenty-Five: Visit

(

(...)

Selena sat outside the Mayan clubhouse, a glass of water in her hand as she tried to get as comfortable as possible on the old couch that took up space on the large porch.

After EZ and hers awkward dinner with Felipe, the couple continued with their plans of going to the compound to tell everyone else the good new - which everyone else took a million times better than the head of the Reyes men did.

The group of tattooed men had pretty much turn to mush once Selena and EZ announced they were expecting a baby. Selena could even swear she saw Bishop shed a tear or two. The reaction she had received from the group of men that man deemed dangerous or horrible made her heart soar, but the non-reaction she had gotten from Felipe left her feeling like a failure in someway.

"Hey, what's wrong, Lena?" Diego's voice broke through Selena's thoughts as her younger brother took over the empty spot next to her.

Diego could always read Lena's emotions well. Even when he was a young child he could tell whenever his older sister was happy, sad, angry, or any other emotions she was feeling.

"I don't know." The brunette said with a sigh. "I'm so happy about everything. I'm pregnant, I'm with a man that really truly loves me, and I have a family here, but..." Selena trailed off as she looked at her younger brother with a small sad smile on her face.

"But, what, Lena?" Diego asked softly, placing a comforting hand on Selena's shoulder.

"The way Felipe shook his head when I told him I was pregnant. It was like he was so disappointed in me, like I was a failure to him somehow." Selena said as tears formed in her green eyes.

"Lena, I doubt he thinks that." Diego reassured her while pulling his older sister into a hug, "I've met him a few times and yes, he's a bit closed off, but he talks about you like you're the best thing that has ever happen to EZ."

Diego had only met Felipe Reyes a handful of times but each time Selena's name was mentioned the older man cracked a smile and told EZ to treat her right. He could tell the older Reyes man had a fatherly love for his sister.

"Now go hang out with your baby daddy." Diego laughed as he placed a quick kiss on his sisters cheek before getting up and walking over towards a smiling Sarah.

Selena let out a small laugh as she watched her brother pick up Sarah in his arms and swing the blonde around, her giggles and protests of 'stop' filling the night time air.

The brunette wiped the tears from her eyes and placed a smile on her face as she stood up from the couch and made her way towards EZ.

"You okay?" EZ questioned as he wrapped Selena in his arms.

The younger Reyes had kept his eye on Selena all night. He could tell something had been bothering her since they left his fathers house.

"Yeah." The brunette nodded, looking up at EZ with a smile. "I'm more than okay." She stated while resting against his chest.

"I love you." EZ said, placing a kiss on top of her head.

"I love you, too." Selena smiled.

(...)

A loud sharp knock woke Selena up early the next morning, letting out a groan the brunette took a quick look at the clock on the nightstand before cursing whoever was at her door at such an ungodly hour.

Selena reluctantly got up from the comfort of her bed , hoping whoever was at the door didn't wake up Letty as well. The teenager was still staying with Selena while Coco was figure things out.

"I'm coming!" Selena yelled as another loud knock came. "How can I- Mom? Rosalie?" Selena questioned, her voice clear with confusion as her green eyes took in the sight of her mother and younger sister standing on her porch.

"I've got to talk to you." The older woman said, brushing past Selena into the house without so much as a hello.

"Hi, Lena." Rosalie said with a small smile.

"Hi, Rosa." Selena smiled back, pulling her younger sister into a hug. "Is everything okay?" She questioned as Rosalie entered the house.

"I don't have all day!" Arabella's shrill voice yelled from further inside the house.

"She'll explain everything." Rosalie sighed while rolling her eyes.

Selena rolled her green eyes. She just knew whatever her mother was there for was nothing good. It definitely wasn't to congratulate Selena on her pregnancy. It was going to be a long day.

(...)

A/N — I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever! I'm trying to get back into writing again. Thank you everyone who still reads, comment, and votes for me stories. Y'all are the best!