Chapter Sixteen: Fixing Porches and Old Friends

THE sound of construction woke Selena up early the next morning, the brunette blinked her green eyes and looked around her bedroom in confusion. It sounded as though hammering and drilling was inside of her house or at the very least just outside of it.

Selena quickly threw the blanket off of her body and hurried out of her room and down the stairs. The Vega woman knew it was stupid of her, but she checked each room in the old blue Victorian house just to make sure no one had broken in and just randomly decided to start fixing up the old house for her.

The brunette shook her head as she muttered to herself underneath her breath, deciding to make her way towards the front of the house she figured it was probably construction being done outside, but the Vega woman wanted to double check before going back upstairs to her comfortable bed.

"Uh, what are you guys doing here?" The shock on Selena's face was apparent as she opened the front door to see Angel, Coco, and Diego all on her broken down front porch with various tools in their hands.

"Morning, sis." Diego smiled while wiping the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand. "Hope we didn't wake you." He said with a grin.

Selena crossed her arms across her chest as she stared at the three men in front of her, "Can one of you tell me what's going on?" The brunette questioned, ignoring Diego and turning her attention towards Angel and Coco.

"Ask your boyfriend." Angel said with a chuckle, throwing a thumb over his shoulder.

Selena ignored Angel's comment as she rolled her green eyes and made her way towards the younger Reyes brother. "EZ," The brunette called out as she stood behind his tall figure. "What's going on?" She questioned while looking up at the tall Reyes man with a confused smile on her face.

It was nice to see EZ though Selena was confused as fuck as to why he, Angel, Coco, and Diego where all there. Especially this early in the morning and with tools in their hands.

"Hey, Lena." EZ smiled, turning around to face the brunette. "Sorry if we woke you up." He said sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck.

EZ's brown eyes looked Selena up and down as she stood in front of him in her pajamas, a smile crept up on his face as he continued to stare at the short brunette. He wanted nothing more than to lean down and kiss her lips, but they had talked about taking these slow — which was a bit of a oxymoron seeing as they had already been intimate with each other, but they both decided taking things slow was best for now.

"It's fine. I don't care about that." Selena assured EZ with a smile. "I do care about the three over there with tools in their hands." She said with a laugh as she turned back towards the three Mayans on her porch.

"I think they know what they're doing." EZ said, his tone slightly unsure as he eyed the three. "I know the porch needed to be fixed, and I had some time and the guys offered to help and-"

Selena effectively cut off EZ's talking by leaning up and pressing her lips against his. It was a surprise to the Reyes man — but one he welcomed.

"Thank you, EZ." Selena smiled once their lips broke apart.

— ✿ —

EZ sat comfortably on Selena's couch with his arm around the brunette, a smile on his face as he watched her smile at movie that was currently playing on the tv. Selena had offered to make dinner for him, Angel, Coco, and Diego for the hours of work they did on the front porch of Selena's house. EZ had quickly taken Selena up on the offer while Angel and Coco opted to spend a few hours at Vicky's, and Diego went to spend his time with Sarah.

The Mayan Prospect was glad that the other three had decided not to join him and Selena — he liked when the two of them could spend time alone together. It was nice to get to know the brunette more without the prying eyes of his brother or the teasing mouth of Coco.

A sigh left EZ's mouth as he suddenly felt his phone vibrate in the pocket of his kutte. The Reyes man gave Selena a smile before pulling his phone from his pocket, an all too familiar name flashing across the screen as he stared down at the vibrating phone.

"I gotta go." EZ said with an apologetic look on his face as he stood up from the couch. "It's an old friend." He said with a sigh as Emily's name continued to flash across his phone's screen.

"Okay." Selena nodded, slightly disappointed that EZ had to leave so abruptly. "Thank you again for today." She said with a smile while standing up from the couch and placing a quick kiss on his lips.

"Of course, Lena." EZ said while rubbing his thumb over her cheek.

"Well don't keep your friend waiting." Selena laughed as she tucked a piece of dark hair behind her ear. "Goodnight, EZ."

"Goodnight, Lena." EZ said with a smile, placing a kiss on the top of the Vega woman's head before making his way out of the house.

A sigh left his mouth as he mounted his bike, giving one last wave to Selena before he pulled away from the curb. The Reyes man mind could only imagine what Emily Galindo wanted and none of the scenarios that were currently running though his mind ended well for him.

____

A/N:
I'm currently on quarantine...AGAIN. So hopefully I'll be able to get updates out. Thank you all for the votes, comments, and views! It means a ton to me! AND YES, Emily is going to cause some DRAMA.