Chapter Three: Playing Cupid

A knock on the door woke Selena up from her deep sleep the next morning, with a groan she pulled her tired body from underneath the warmth of her blankets and made her way down the creaky wooden stairs. The brunette hadn't gotten much sleep last night after returning home from the bookshop even though she badly wanted to. Once she stepped foot inside her new home she realized just how much of a mess it was and decided to clean for a little bit. Of course that little bit of cleaning turned into hours and Selena didn't drag her body to bed until four am.

Her green eyes looked over at the ancient grandfather clock that stood against the wall, another groan escaped her lips as she read the time. She really hoped Santo Padre wasn't the type of town that did welcoming committees to new residents, because Selena wasn't sure if she could play the role of nice new neighbor this early in the morning.

"Hello." Selena mustered up her best smile as she pulled open the door.

Selena's green eyes took in Ezekiel Reyes standing on her porch with what she guessed resembled a smile while rubbing the back of of his neck, and a tall man with dark slicked back hair next to him with a smile on his face and tattoos heavy lining his arms. "Oh, hi Ezekiel."

"You can call me EZ." He reminded the brunette.

"Right." Selena said with a nod. "What can I do for you?" She said with a smile while mentally patting herself on the back for putting actual pajamas on last night instead of one of Noah's shirts.

"Angel Reyes." The man next to EZ said before EZ could open his mouth to answer Selena's question. "This ones older and better lookin' brother." He said with a smile while holding out his hand towards the green eyed brunette.

Angel had made the quick decision once he saw Selena that she was definitely the perfect distraction for his younger brother. Angel had showed up to their Pop's early the morning and found EZ sitting on the porch reading and occasionally looking over at the blue house, and so he made the decision to go over and introduce himself.

Selena let out a laugh as she shook Angel's hand. "Selena Vega-Keaton."

"You wanna come to breakfast with us?" Angel asked bluntly, causing Selena to raise an eyebrow at the two brother's standing in front of her.

"Uh," Selena said while trying to think of a reason not to say yes to the two Reyes brothers on her porch. The brunette didn't want to seem rude, but she knew nothing about them other than their names and that they both wore the same leather vest. "Thank you, but I've got a lot of cleaning up to do around here." She said while gesturing behind her at the unpacked boxes that filled the house.

"Another time." Angel said with a shrug. "Nice meetin' you, Selena." He said with a smile before walking down the old front porch.

"Sorry about him." EZ apologized once Angel was halfway across the street.

EZ felt like an asshole for Angel clearly waking her up, and then inviting her out to breakfast with them. He knew what his older brother was trying to do and he felt bad that this poor woman had to suffer while his brother tried to play Cupid for him.

"It's fine." Selena said waving off EZ's apology. "I have siblings so I know what it's like." She laughed. "Though mine are younger and act like that." The brunette teased, earning a chuckle from EZ.

"Nice seeing you again, Selena."

"You too, EZ." She said with a smile, watching him walk down the old, broken down porch before jogging across the street and sharing a laugh with his brother before they both mounted their bikes and rode off.

Selena closed the door and turned around, her green eyes taking in the state of her box filled house. A sigh left her lips as she made her way toward the kitchen. She needed to unpack, but first she needed coffee.

•••

Selena sat on the old rocking chair on the front porch, sipping on a glass of wine. She had gotten a majority of the unpacking done and was now enjoying the cool breeze of nighttime in Santo Padre.

A smile graced the brunette's lips as her phone vibrated with a text from Noah. Her husband would finally be arriving in Santo Padre in a few hours, and the brunette couldn't wait to see her husband's handsome face.

The rumble of a motorcycle made Selena remove her green eyes from her phone, she looked out across the street and saw EZ parking his bike. His brown eyes connected with her green ones, she gave him a smile and wave before drinking the rest of her wine and walking into her house. Selena hoped Noah loved this house just as much as she had begun to, and hopefully he could learn to love Santo  Padre as well.

•••

A/N: This chapter was so hard for me to write. So bear with me because I'm having a tough time writing this right now. I'm having trouble writing EZ for some reason. So expect slow updates.