Chapter Four: Hired

Chapter Four: Hired

"Well thank you for coming. I'll be in touch." Selena smiles at the young girl in front of her before showing her out of Dahlia Books. The brunette let out a sigh as soon as she shut the door, she had been holding interviews for the last two days and so far everyone she had interviewed had been a bust.

Selena ran a hand through her hair as she made her way towards the checkout counter. She sat behind the counter and began looking over the stack of applications laid out in front of her. Maybe she just needed to go over their applications again, maybe she had missed someone who wasn't a bust.

The bell above the door chimed as Selena sat there rereading her potential employees resumes. The brunette didn't even bother to look up and see who had entered the bookstore, she figured it was just Noah bringing her dinner.

"Am I too late for the interviews?" An unfamiliar voice asked.

Selena's head snapped up at the girl's voice, her green eyes took in the teenager in front of her. "No." Selena shook her head as a smile formed on her face. "Did you bring your resume?" She asked, noticing the lack of paper in the girl's hand.

"Look, I'll be honest with you." The teenager who's name Selena had yet to learn began. "I don't have much experience or any really, but I heard old Ms. Vega use to give people chances and I thought-"

"You're hired." Selena spoke, cutting the teenager off. She didn't know what it was about the girl in front of her but Selena felt like she had to protect her. There was something about her that reminded Selena of herself when she was a teenager. Plus, she had been honest with her and she liked that.

"Shit." The girl said with shock in her voice. "Really?" She asked.

"Yeah, really." Selena nodded with a smile on her face. "Selena." She said, extending her hand towards her new and first employee.

"Leticia, but you can call me Letty." She said while shaking Selena's hand. "When can I start working?" She asked, causing Selena to let out a laugh.

"How Thursday sound? You can help me with some inventory before we officially open on Monday." Selena said. A feeling of excitement took over her body, she couldn't wait until Monday. Selena was more than ready to open Dahlia Books.

"Cool." Letty nodded with a small smile on her face. "I'll see you Thursday then, Selena."

"See you, Letty." Selena waved to the teenager as she walked out of the bookstore.

•••

"Selena!"

The brunette woman rolled her green eyes as she heard Noah's voice call out her name. Noah had been in Santo Padre for a week, and Selena could tell he was itching to get back to LA. She knew her husband didn't adore the small town as much as she did, she could tell he wanted to get back to the bright lights and bust streets of LA as soon as possible and for him that meant tomorrow.

"What is it Noah?" She asked while holding back the sigh that wanted to escape her mouth.

"Your brother is here." Noah said with a sigh before walking up the old creaky stairs.

Selena stood there in shock for a moment before making her way into the living room, a smile appearing on her face once she saw her younger brother sitting on the couch. "Diego Cortez, What the hell are you doing here?" The brunette asked as she pulled her brother into a hug.

"Well don't sound so happy to see me, Lena." Diego said with sarcasm. "I know your husband was so excited to see me." He said while rolling his eyes.

Selena let out a sigh at Diego's words. Her brother and husband had never like each other and they weren't afraid to voice their dislike toward one another either. It always put Selena in awkward situations.

"Diego." The brunette warned. "What are you doing here?" She repeated.

"I'd figured I'd come visit my sister for a bit. I wanted to check out this new town you moved to, and see the house your abuela left you." He said with a shrug.

The brunette raised her eyebrow and placed her hands on her hips as she stared down her brother. She did not believe his words for one second, her little brother was known for getting himself into trouble and she wondered if now was one of those times.

"What about college?" Selena asked.

"I'm taking a break from the college life and the LA life." Diego said with a wave of his hand. "It's getting boring." He added.

"Does your dad know about this?"

If Selena knew anything about Roman Cortez, her ez stepfather and Diego's father it was that he did not like Diego doing anything without his approval. Diego was meant to finish college in LA, and then get some high paying job with his degree. Roman Cortez wouldn't settle for anything less for his son.

"He's too busy with his new girlfriend to care." Diego said with a short laugh. "So, can I stay?" He asked while giving Selena his best puppy dog eyes.

"Of course you can, D." Selena said while ruffling his hair. "It will be nice having a roommate." She said with a laugh, and honestly she meant it. It was lonely by herself in this big house while Noah was off working in LA, but now with Diego staying with her for an unforeseen amount of time she wouldn't be so lonely anymore, and now she knew more people in Santo Padre than just the two biker brothers.

•••

Diego Cortez (Tyler Posey) •••A/N: Sorry this took so long for me to get out! I was having major writer block

Diego Cortez
(Tyler Posey)
•••
A/N: Sorry this took so long for me to get out! I was having major writer block. This chapter is boring and pretty much a filler and there's no EZ in it, but it's setting up for big things to happen in future chapters. Thank you for the votes, views, and comments! ❤️