Chapter Thirteen: Stars

"YOU having fun?" EZ questioned as he watched Selena look around the Mayan clubhouse with a small smile on her face

"Yeah." Selena nodded while turning her green eyes onto EZ. "Everyone is so nice." She said, her cheeks turning a light shade of red as EZ let out a deep chuckle at her words.

"You weren't expecting everyone to be so nice?" EZ questioned as he wiped down the bar while keeping his brown eyes focused on Selena's face.

Selena mentally cursed at herself. She hadn't meant the comment the way it came out, but honestly she didn't know what to expect from meeting everyone else. It was her first time meeting members of a motorcycle club (besides EZ and Angel, of course) and the brunette honestly had no fucking idea what to expect. Especially since society doesn't paint a pretty picture of what an MC is like.

"I didn't mean it like that." Selena said quickly as she nervously ran a finger over the half empty beer bottle that sat in front of her. The brunette really hoped she didn't offend EZ. She liked EZ, and she would never want to purposely offend the only friend she had in Santo Padre.

"I'm teasing you, Lena." EZ chuckled as he tossed the damp washcloth over his shoulder.

A sudden swarm of butterflies filled Selena's stomach at the sound of EZ using her nickname. It was an unexpected feeling, but she wouldn't necessarily could it a bad one or one she wouldn't want to feel again.

"Asshole." Selena huffed with a playful grin.

Another chuckle passed EZ's lips as he placed a new beer in front of Selena. He was happy that Selena was there, though he wished he wasn't on prospect duties and could spend more time with her, but it was nice that she had spent most of the night at the bar — the only time she left was when Diego wanted to introduce her to someone.

It grew quiet between the two as Selena sipped on the new beer EZ had placed in front of her. Selena hadn't expected to enjoy herself tonight as much as she was. It was nice to meet new people — especially people who knew her abuela so well and were more than willing to tell her their fond stories about a woman she never got a chance to meet.

A sigh left Selena's lips as she looked down at her phone, "I should get going." She said reluctantly as she looked at EZ — the frown forming on his face didn't go unnoticed by the green eyed brunette.

It wasn't that she wanted to leave yet, but it was getting late and she did need to be at the store in the morning.

"I'll walk you out." EZ said as he walked out from the bar.

The party had quieted down in the last hour, some members had paired off with a girl from Vicki's while others kept to themselves. EZ knew it was calm enough for him to take a few minutes away from his prospect duties to walk Selena to her car.

"I'm glad I came tonight." Selena said as she and EZ exited the stuffy Mayan clubhouse and walked into the cool Santo Padre night.

She hated to admit it but Diego was one hundred percent right when he said she needed to have some fun — tonight proved that.

"Me too." EZ smiled.

Selena leaned against her car once they had reached it. She wasn't ready just yet to leave, nor was she ready to leave EZ's company yet either. The brunette tilted her head up towards the night sky, her green eyes looking at all the stars that sat in the clear sky. In LA you could never see the stars, and Selena never realized how much she missed them until she moved to Santo Padre.

"I love the stars." Selena spoke as she continued to look up at the sky. "You can never see them in LA."

EZ remained silent as he stared at the brunette, his brown eyes watching her stare up at the sky with amazement. The Reyes man could feel himself growing attached to the brunette, there was something about her that stirred up feelings inside of him that he hadn't felt since Emily.

EZ reached out and tucked a loose piece of hair behind Selena's ear, "Sorry." He quickly apologized while dropping his hand back down to his side.

"It's okay." Selena assured him as she looked at EZ with a smile.

Selena's green eyes connected with EZ's brown ones as Selena and EZ silently stared at each other. Selena could feel herself leaning in towards EZ — it was like some magnet was pulling her towards the tall Reyes man.

"Are you sure, Lena?" EZ questioned as his eyes stared down at Selena's lips.

"Yes, EZ." Selena nodded, a smile forming on her face as EZ's lips feverishly connected with hers.

— ✿ —

THE bright sun filtered through the flimsy curtains in EZ's trailer

THE bright sun filtered through the flimsy curtains in EZ's trailer. A groan left Selena's mouth as she rolled over in the small bed, her bare back instantly collided with EZ's warm chest. Selena's green eyes popped open as she quickly sat up in the bed, running a hand through her tangled hair as she looked over at EZ's sleeping body.

"Shit, shit, shit." Selena muttered as she grabbed her discarded clothes from off of the floor. "Fuck, fuck, fuck." She cursed as she pulled the shirt from last night over her head.

The brunette made her way towards the front of the trailer, her green eyes searching the small space for her phone. She had no doubt there would be missed calls and texts from Sarah — she was suppose to be at the store two hours ago. A sigh of relief left Selena's lips as she found her phone under a pile of papers, she looked at her half dead phone — 3 missed calls from Sarah and 5 texts from the blonde.

Selena typed out a quick text to the girl and placed the phone in her pocket. She made her way towards the door, pausing for a moment. Selena didn't want to just leave, she didn't want EZ to think she thought of last night as a mistake — because she definitely didn't, but he was the first man since Noah that she had slept with and she needed a moment to think through her emotions.

She shook her head as she exited the trailer, she could of left him a note but she didn't have the time. Selena just hoped he would understand.

___

A/N: I finally made something happen between Selena and EZ. I couldn't stand the slow burn anymore. It was annoying the fuck out of me. Thank you for all the votes, views, and comments! I really appreciate them!