Chapter Twenty-six: Promise

🌺

🌺

SELENA sat wide eyed as she tried to process the information her mother had just given her. Her brain was trying to form some words together, but nothing would come out of her mouth.

"How did this happen?" The brunette finally spoke after what felt like hours. She eyed her younger sister who had tears ready to spill from her eyes. "It's okay, Rosa." Selena spoke softly as she placed a hand on her sisters.

Their mother had just berated the teenager in front of Selena and she knew all too well how much their mother's words cut deep.

"What do you mean how did it happen? I'm pretty sure you know how it happened. I mean look at you." Arabella spat as she glared at her older daughter.

You could cut the tension in the house with a knife. Selena did not want to deal with her mother or her judgmental face or tone. She had been dealing with it most of her life and she was done.

"You get knocked up by some biker who you hardly know. No wonder Noah cheated on you." The older woman scoffed as disgust rolled off of her body.

"Don't talk to me like that. I'm not a child anymore." Selena stated firmly, "you will not come into my home and talk to me like that."

The pent up anger Selena had felt for her mother was finally coming to the surface. She would not allow her mother to talk down to her anymore.

"You've been a horrible mother my whole life. You use Diego and Rosalie to get what you need from Roman. You have never been there for me or my siblings, yet you still consider yourself our mother. I raised them! I was there for them for everything and I learned how to be a good person no thanks to you. I will be a better mother than you be far."

The anger that came from Selena's body was at full capacity and she couldn't stop it. All the years of keeping her anger from her mother had finally spilled over and there was no way to stop it.

"You've always been my worst child. You've always hated me and that's really okay with me, because you're just like your father." Arabella spat as she glared at her oldest daughter, "a terrible daughter from a terrible man." The older woman said as she stood up.

"I'm sure you chewed and spat him out like all your other men, mother. I'd rather be like a man I don't know than like you." The green eyed brunette stated as she stared at her mother.

"Have a nice life." Arabella scoffed before taking a quick exit from the house.

Selena sat there watching the woman who had been horrible to her her whole life walk out of her house and life. No part of her felt sadness. She finally felt free.

"It's okay, Rosa." Selena assured the teenager, getting up from the table and wrapping her arms around the sobbing girl. "We'll figure everything out. I promise."

🌺

THE bookshop was quiet later that evening as Selena stocked some new books. She had given Sarah the day off and Letty was bonding with Coco, so it was just Selena.

After calming Rosalie down, she made made the teenager something to eat and then told her to relax for the rest of the day. It had been a hectic day to say the least and neither one of them needed anymore stress.

"Lena."

A small smile formed on her face as she heard EZ's voice enter the shop. She needed him right now.

"EZ, I really need a hug." Selena's voice was small and soft as she wrapped her arms around EZ.

"I'll give you anything you need, babe." EZ said as he wrapped his arms around the woman he loved.

"Looks like we're going to have two babies in the house." Selena said with a small laugh as she looked up at EZ's face.

"It's all going to be okay." EZ promised Selena. "I promise." He said, placing a kiss on top of her head.

EZ meant that too. Everything was going to be okay. He would make sure of it. The Mayan would do anything to make sure of it.

______________

A/N —
Thank you for the votes and comments! I really appreciate it. I think there's only have a handful of chapters left.