Chapter Eleven: Personal Questions

"You hook up with that neighbor chick yet?" Coco asked as EZ placed a beer in front of him

"You hook up with that neighbor chick yet?" Coco asked as EZ placed a beer in front of him. "Angel said she's fuckin' hot." He added with a grin on his face.

"She's married." EZ said while keeping his face blank as he wiped down the bar.

The Prospect knew exactly what Coco was trying to do. He was trying to get a rise out of him, and he wouldn't be surprised of Angel put him up to it. Ever since Angel had met Selena all his older brother did was tease him about the green eyed book store owner.

"Yeah, but her husband doesn't live here." Coco pointed out. "You too pussy to try and get with her?" Coco asked with a laugh.

EZ ignored Coco's taunting as he continued to wipe down the bar. It was better to ignore Coco than to throw fists at him, besides EZ knew when he became a Prospect would be be subject to taunting and jokes at his expense. It was what being a prospect was about. Well, that and doing all the bitch work.

"Leave the prospect alone, Coco." Hank said while taking over the empty bar stool next to Coco. "He's got enough shit to do than hear you running your mouth." He said, nodding his thanks as EZ slid a beer towards him.

Coco rolled his eyes but nodded, patting the older Mayan on his back, grabbing his beer before heading off towards one of the many girls from Vicki's that was hanging around the clubhouse on this Friday night.

"You know there's no rule against teasing him back." Hank said. "You can get your jokes in too. He's doing it to see if you actually have the balls to say something back." The older Mayan said.

"I know." EZ simply said. "Feel like it's better to ignore him sometimes." The younger Reyes said as looked over to where his brother and Diego sat. "You think Bishop is gonna let him Prospect?" EZ asked, nodding towards the the young Cortez man.

Hank turned around and looked over at The older Reyes brother laughing with the young man he had come to know as Diego Cortez. He studied Diego for a moment before turning his attention back towards EZ.

"I think so. He seems like a good kid. I think he'll make a good prospect." Hank said, offering his opinion on the matter. "What do you think of him?"

"He seems okay." EZ said. "I don't know much about him. I know his sister better than I know him." He said, the raise of Hank's eyebrow not going unnoticed by EZ.

A chuckle left Hank's mouth. "I'm sure you do prospect."

_______