Chapter 2: Cute Sleeper

Lindsay POV

Lindsay POV

I could hear the waves lapping up to the shore. I could smell men's cologne; sandalwood, perhaps. I could feel a firm physique behind me, with smooth fingers rubbing up and down on my arm.

I finally opened my eyes. I was facing the beach. My happy place.

But who was holding me? I turned my body to see the man who was holding me. It was the man who had run over after I got hit by the football. I think his name was Henry.

He had turned his hat around so it was no longer backwards. He was scrolling on his phone, but when he felt me shift, his eyes met mine and he turned his phone off and tossed it on the blanket.

"Hey Lindsay, I hope you are feeling better?" he asked. 

I sat up slightly, getting off his chest but still sitting in front of him. I rolled my neck and stretched out my legs, rotating my ankles. I felt stiff.

"I'm so embarrassed. I can't believe I fell asleep with someone I just met. Like who does that? I can just imagine what you think of me." I rambled as I moved away from him. We needed space between us before he got more of the wrong idea from me.

I brought my knees up in front of me and wrapped my arms around them. Then I laid my head on my knees. I was mortified but then I was scared. Did he take advantage of me when I was sleeping?

"Hey, hey," Henry replied as he put his hands out in a calming tone, bringing them down then up, then down again. "Don't worry about it. You were out for roughly forty minutes. You leaned on me a bit, you're so tiny, I barely felt you. I scrolled on my phone. Don't be embarrassed. You are a cute sleeper."

"Seriously!" I deadpanned with a furrowed brow. "I'm just supposed to believe you, someone I just met. How do I know you didn't touch me or take inappropriate photos of me?"

Henry put his hands up in defeat. "I'm really sorry, Lindsay. I'm really sorry that you have been hurt so much that you would automatically go there." He looked crestfallen.

"Here is my phone, password is 151994. You can look through my photos, emails, storage, iCloud, socials. I'm not hiding anything from you. Also I will take you anywhere you want for any exam. I swear to you, the only body part I touched was your arm." he exhaled after his explanation. 

I looked into his eyes, trying to judge if he was telling the truth or lying to me. His body language told me he was telling the truth and why would he give up his phone if he had anything to hide or offer to take me to a clinic. Maybe he was telling the truth?

I placed my head back on my knees. "Sorry for accusing you. I just, um, haven't had great experiences with people being honest with me."

"It's ok. I'm not here to hurt you, well anymore than I did with the football. Again I apologize for that." Henry said.