Heisenberg x reader: The Bar

A/N: a tremendous amount of Lana del Rey was listened to for this one ;). its a short one, just liked the idea. 

  You shift the papers in your hand as you walk down your office's corridor, aching feet from the heels you had been wearing all day

  You shift the papers in your hand as you walk down your office's corridor, aching feet from the heels you had been wearing all day. A coworker rushes by you as you turn a corner, making you drop half the papers you were holding.

  You fight the urge to swear as you bend down to pick them back up.

  ''Got a nice view over here, darling,'' a man shouts from his cubicle. His friends join in, wolf whistling at you.

  You straighten up quickly, face flushed. The man's eyes are on you like a predator's as he moves out of his cubicle and blocks the hallway.

  ''Haven't seen you around here much,'' he grins. ''What's your name?''

  You lock your jaw. This guy was highly regarded within the company, you recognized him from the previous times he interacted like this with female colleagues. 

  As you're about to make a witty reply, your eye falls on your boss. Your boss is a close friend of this man, insulting him would most definitely have you fired. 

  ''It's Y/N'' you tell the man calmly, ''now would you excuse me, please.''

  He steps aside and lets you pass, openly eyeing your body up and down as you walk past. Your eyes meet your boss' again, and your stomach sinks as you see him hide a smirk.

//

  Rain floods the streets of the city. You pull your coat closer as you hurry home after finishing work. The incident from earlier that day has dragged your mood down considerably, enough so for you to stop in your tracks at the sound of music. You stand before a well known bar in your area. 

  In that split second, you decided your day was terrible enough to warrant a drink. You push the heavy door open, letting warmth replace the cold rainy night. Ringlets of smoke dangle in the air above the people seated around the place. 

  You sit down at the bar, a kind-eyed bartender quickly heading towards you. 

  ''What'll it be tonight?'' 

  You force a smile at him. ''Scotch on the rocks, please.''

  ''I'll have the same,'' a painfully familiar voice butts in. 

  Your coworker from earlier slides next to you at the bar, coming way too close for comfort. You fight the urge to roll your eyes, but the bartender has already gone to make your drinks so you had no option but to wait. 

  ''Didn't expect to see you here, gorgeous,'' the man smiles. ''You live close?''

  Your stomach twists at his gaze. You glance around you nervously, hoping your boss or any of the other men from the office weren't with this guy. They're nowhere to be found, much to your relief. 

  ''Leave me alone,'' you tell the man. 

  The bartender places the drinks on the bar, eyeing the man suspiciously but opting not to get involved.

  The man notices, smirking and watching the bartender leave. ''That's no way to speak to a friend,'' he grips your arm. 

  Your breathing hitches in your throat as you try and pull your arm away. He's too strong for you and does not budge. You look around you frantically, but no one seems to notice your quiet struggle. 

  That is, until a large man appears behind your coworker, a hat hiding most of his face. A plum of smoke circles above him as he speaks. 

  ''I believe the lady has told you to leave her alone,'' he says. 

    Your coworker is taken aback for a second. 

  ''Who the hell do you think you're talking to?'' he sneers. 

  The man lifts his head slightly. As he does, a low rumble shakes the ground beneath you. Your first thought is of an earthquake, then something shiny shoots through the air only centimeters away from your nose. 

  A sharp knife has flown across the room from behind the bar, stopping only inches from your coworker's throat. 

  ''I think I've made it pretty clear who I'm talking to,'' the man says, a hint of humor in his words. Then his tone turns dark. ''Now, let her go.''

  Your coworker releases your arm in a second, spilling his drink all over the bar and your clothes as he frantically makes his way out the door. 

  You release a breath you didn't know you were holding. The man has taken his seat back at the bar, puffing on his cigar like nothing had happened. 

  You walk up to him. ''Thank you.''

  He eyes you up and down, not fully turning around. '''S no trouble sweetheart.''

  You feel a bit self-conscious under his gaze, but pull yourself together. ''Can I buy you a drink?''

  This piques his attention. He turns to you, the sunglasses he'd been wearing now resting atop the bar, a smile playing on his lips. ''That ain't how it's supposed to go.''

  You shrug, taking the stool next to him. ''Consider it a token of gratitude.''

  He laughs and your chest tingles. His laugh suited him, it was as rough as when he spoke. He orders his drink from the bartender. The bartender sends you a strange look as you hand him your card. Nevertheless, he accepts, and the drink is brought to the strange man sitting beside you. 

  ''What's an elegant woman like you doing in a shithole like this?'' he asks. 

  ''Elegant?'' you smile, taking a sip of your drink. 

  ''Am I wrong?'' he says, gesturing to your attire.

  Your gaze drops down to your clothes, then to his. He had a point. 

  ''Maybe not,'' you admit. ''But you don't know the first thing about me.''

  He smirks. ''I'd like to.''

  He stands from his stool, taking the long coat draped over the back of it. Then, he extends his hand to you. 

  ''I know a place way nicer for a woman like you,'' he says. 

  You hesitate. This man has just made a knife flown across the room without touching it, threatened your coworker and acted like nothing had ever happened. Still, this night could not get any weirder than this. You take his hand. 

  He leads you outside the bar. Rain was still pouring, flooding the gutters of the streets. You shudder as he wraps his warm, oversized coat over your shoulders. 

  ''I never caught your name,'' you say.

  He offers you his arm. 

  ''Karl Heisenberg. 

//

10/28/2021