Heisenberg X Reader: You're all I have.

Candles are lit around the small living area down in the factory

Candles are lit around the small living area down in the factory. You'd done the best you could to make this place seem cosy, the harsh metal walls and floors along with the cold furniture making it difficult. 

You settle in on the couch, now decorated with a nice blanket you brought and soft pillows. It was even comfortable to sit on now. Your fingers are kept warm wrapped around your mug of tea. 

You look at the time. Heisenberg should be back any second. Just as you attempt to untangle yourself from the blankets to go look for him, you hear the door creak open. 

He dumps his large coat next to the door. Oil has stained his face and hands, his hair messily tied back in a bun. He stops in his tracks when he sees you, a smile on his face. 

''Good evening, love,'' you smile back. 

''Evenin' darling,'' he replies, walking over to softly kiss the top of your head. ''See you've made the place look nice.''

''Thought we could use some quality time.''

He humms in agreement, moving to sit down on the couch beside you. 

''Not like that, Stinky,'' you stop him. ''Take a shower first.''

He looks down at his hands and laughs. Heisenberg wasn't one to take orders from anyone, but you were the exception. 

''Only if you'll be sittin' exactly like that when I return,'' he bargains. 

You pretend to think about it for a second. "Deal.''

He smiles, satisfied with your answer, and leaves the room. Shortly after you hear the shower turn on. 

You get up from the couch, despite your promise, and turn on the radio for some soft music. Your love has been buried in his work these past days, making you miss him more than usual. You knew he would be busy when you moved here, but it didn't stop you from feeling lonely from time to time. 

The music's rhythm moves you, slowly swaying along with it, not hearing the shower turn off and a gruff man reenter the room. Unbeknownst to you, Heisenberg stares at you for a moment, as you move with the music. It's subtle, but it's endearing to him. He realizes then how lucky he is, to find someone as good and pure as you in this hell life had created for him. If he had to choose, he'd do it all over again and then some if it meant he could keep you by his side. 

He walks up to you, not disturbing you until his large arms wrap around you from behind. You sigh as you sink into him, loving the feeling of his strong chest against your back. His warmth envelops you. He presses a kiss against your hair. 

''I broke the promise,'' you tease. 

''Doesn't matter,'' he says in your ear, before turning you around to face him. His clean shirt smelled of the cheap detergent you used to wash his clothes, the only brand capable of removing the heavy stains he left on it. His hair is still wet, slicked back to keep it from falling in his face. 

You rest your arms on his shoulders as his hands move to your lower back. You stand there for a moment, still moving to the music, your head on his chest. 

You loved this man. You weren't supposed to, but you did. Even with his all his anger at times, his stubbornness, and his lack of manners, you loved every part of him. Loved how he would move the blanket back to cover you when he got out of bed before you. Loved how he defended you against anyone who dared to open their mouth about you. 

''I've missed you,'' you whisper. 

''I know, darling,'' he says. ''I know.''

He lifts his head, bringing a hand up to your cheek. ''Why?'' you ask. ''Why have you been gone so much?''

He sighs. ''I gotta.'' 

 Your eyes drop down, hurt washing over your chest. He lifts your chin with his finger. ''Don't do that, Y/N. I gotta make sure I can protect you. Now more than ever. I'll be damned if I let that bitch take you away from me.''

You sigh. ''Can't I come with you then?''

He smiles, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. ''It's dangerous down there, my love. I can't let you wander alone.'' 

''I won't go alone!'' you plead. ''I'll follow you and stay in your workplace when you work and-

He cuts you off by pressing a kiss to your lips. You lose your train of thought. He pulls you closer, one hand on your lower back as the other cups the back of your head. 

The kiss is soft, loving. Everything you had been yearning for while he was away. He pulls away too soon for your liking. He gazes into your eyes. 

''You're all I have, Y/N. I can't risk losing you.'' 

___

11/13/2022