Chapter 1- Welcome Home

Hawkins, Indiana.

The small country town in the middle of bumfuck nowhere was exactly how you remembered it.

It had been a good 12 years since you were last in this town. You were only five, but you remembered how much you hated this place. You weren't even sure why, there was just something about Hawkins that you never really liked, even at young age.

You'd never come back here if you had a choice, but after your mother passed away and your step-father took off, you were left with no other option.

That was why you were parked out the front of your fathers house and trying to work up the courage to get out your car and knock on the front door.

Music was blasting from your stereo. Metallica's The Four Horseman playing in the background, but you were barely listening to it as you stared at the front door before taking a deep breath and climbing out your 1970 Ford Mustang.

You knocked on the wooden door, but there was no answer. So you knocked again, louder this time and took a step back and waited, but still no answer.

There were spiderwebs covering the door seal and you looked a little closer and took in the dust and dirt covering the window seals. Nobody had been here for a while, that much was certain.

"Can I help you, dear?" An old woman called out, leaning over the neighbouring fence.

"Oh, um... I was just wondering if Jim Hopper was home?" You asked, motioning towards the door.

"He moved out nearly a year ago."

Okay, well that was a problem. Explained the cobwebs though.

"Do you know where he's living now?"

The old lady shook her head, "I think he has a cabin somewhere, but that's all I know."

A cabin? Why would he move out his house to live in a cabin?

"Thanks." You said, nodding at the lady before you climbed back in the Mustang and sped off down the road in the direction of the Police Station, hoping that he was still a cop because otherwise you had no idea how to find him.

The fuel light flicked on barely a mile down the road and you sighed before making a detour to the nearest gas station.

You leant against the side of the Mustang holding the gas pump while you watched the dollars tick up and up causing you to cringe before the roar of another car filled the air.

A bright blue Camaro pulled up beside the other bowser and you stared at the car in appreciation. The drivers side door open and quite possibly the hottest guy you had seen in this shitty town stepped out.

He was wearing a denim jacket and tight jeans, but it was the long blonde hair and sun-kissed skin that took you by surprise. You noted the Californian number plate on the back and wondered if he was just passing through town or on holidays, but who would holiday in a place like Hawkins?

The guy spared a glance over at you as he reached for the other fuel pump and you took a small amount of pride in the fact that the guy did a double take when he saw you standing beside the slick black Mustang.

He whistled, "sure you can handle a car like that, sweetheart?"

"Can you? What's that like a 185-horsepower V8 engine under the hood?" You shot back and nodded at his Camaro causing him to raise his eyebrows in surprise.

"You know your cars."

You nodded as the pump clicked off and you pulled it out, hanging it up before glancing back over at the guy to find him already looking at you with curious blue eyes.