Chapter 27- if you touch her again, i will kill you again

"Where are you going, Y/N?" Vecna's voice called out.

You spun around at his voice just as Vecna slowly descended the stairs at the end of the corridor behind you.

Shit.

Turning on your heels, you sprinted through the house in the opposite direction. The lights hanging from the ceiling were flashing rapidly while you tried the back door, but again it was boarded up shut.

"Son of a bitch." You hissed under your breath before frantically trying to break them off, but the wooden boards weren't budging.

You took a step back, your eyes sweeping over the dark house, searching for any exits before you heard Vecna's heavy footsteps approaching.

This was your mind. You could control where you were. You were in control.

Taking a deep breath, you closed your eyes and thought back to all the moments you and Billy had shared out by the quarry. It was your happy place. It had become your spot. You weren't even sure how, but it became the area where the two of you would meet to see each other and just forget about the rest of the world and real-life problems.

Taking a deep breath, you opened your eyes and found yourself standing at the quarry.

"Holy shit." You whispered to yourself.

It worked. It actually worked.

You glanced around taking in your surroundings and realised that your Mustang was parked by the cliff. You walked over and leant against the hood while looking out at the water below, taking in the scenery while you waited.

Steve, Nancy and Robin better kill Vecna soon. You weren't sure how long it would take him to find you.

A few minutes ticked by before you pushed yourself off the hood of the Mustang and walked around the driver's side door and grinned when you saw the keys in the ignition.

You reached inside and turned the keys, bringing the old car to life with a roar before you leant forward and pressed play on the stereo.

Instantly, Metallica's Master of Puppets began blasting through the speakers and you found yourself smiling knowing that Eddie was most likely blasting this through the Upside Down right now with his guitar. Man, you wished you could see that.

However, your smile didn't last very long. The song barely getting halfway through before the music began to crackle, cutting in and out before stopping all together. The Mustangs engine gurgling until it switched off completely.

"Shit."

You took a step away from the car cautiously just as dark stormy clouds spread across the sky. Yep, that was not a good sign.

The dirt below you started to turn darker, thick vines appearing out of nowhere and covering the stones under your feet.

"You cannot hide from me, Y/N." Vecna's voice echoed across the quarry.

You closed your eyes and tried to think of happy memories but as Vecna spoke, you began to see the Upside Down.

"You think I don't see everything?"

Suddenly your happy memories changed into something else. These weren't your memories. Vecna was showing you things... things that were happening right now.

Jason was in the attic with a revolver aimed at Billy.

"You thought you could trick me?" Vecna continued to say in the background.

Steve, Robin and Nancy all pinned up against a wall, covered in vines.

"You thought your friends could stop me?"