Chapter 25- grand theft auto

The group migrated from the Munson trailer to the Mayfield's across the road. Susan wasn't home and nobody knew where else to go.

Steve was busy consulting Nancy who was still in a state of panic and totally freaking out after facing Vecna. You didn't blame her in the slightest, you knew firsthand how terrifying that was. So, you gave the two of them some space and instead focused on cleaning Billy's wounds from the demo-bats.

"I told you they're just scratches. I've had worse." Billy said as you grabbed the small first aid kid that Max found in the bathroom.

"I know." You sighed, thinking back to the day his father got arrested for trying to kill him.

"Hey." Billy whispered, grabbing your shoulder, drawing your attention back to him as he gave you a gentle smile. "I'm okay. I promise."

He definitely wasn't okay. He had bite marks scattered across his left shoulder and chest. Bright crimson blood covering his once Californian sun-kissed skin and you hated it. You hated seeing him hurt like this.

"Take the jacket off. Let me clean the wounds." You instructed before pausing as you stared at the tight leather jacket that he definitely hadn't been wearing earlier. "Wait, where did you get this leather jacket? This isn't yours."

"It's Munson's."

You glanced over at Eddie who was sitting on the couch, and you realised he was only wearing his Hellfire Club shirt now, his usual leather jacket and denim vest gone.

"Aww, cute. Are you guys sharing clothes now?" You asked in amusement.

"Jealous your boy is wearing my jacket?" Eddie teased, playing along with a grin.

"Shut up, Munson. Steve is wearing your vest right now. This ain't special." Billy muttered, glaring at the other man, but there was no heat behind it and Eddie just laughed.

He shrugged off the leather jacket with a wince. The blood stuck to the inside of the leather and you grimaced, feeling his pain before he got the jacket off, leaving himself standing shirtless in the Mayfield trailer.

Robin and the kids all turned away, giving the two of you as much privacy as the small trailer could allow before you opened the first aid kit and got to work.

Billy stood still while you disinfected the wounds and wiped away the blood. Did demo-bats have diseases? If so, him and Steve should probably get that checked out once all of this was over.

"Ow, easy." Billy hissed when you wrapped the bandage around the worst of the wounds on his shoulder.

"I thought you said it was just a few scratches?" You asked, raising your eyebrows at him.

"Doesn't mean they don't fucking hurt." He grunted, looking down at you, his expression softening a little. "I, uh, look. I-I need to apologise. I'm sorry for making you stay behind, I just... I... I can't lose you, baby. I can't."

"You won't." You insisted, tying off the bandage before you cradled his face with your hands and smiled. "You won't lose me, but you're not sidelining me again, got it? Whatever happens, we're in it together. Promise me."

"I promise."

"Good. Now, put this back on. I think your sister is sick of seeing you shirtless." You instructed, handing him the leather jacket.

"Understatement of the century." Max called out from across the room.

"Nobody asked for your input, shitbird." Billy said back.

Max flipped him off and Billy rolled his eyes, but flipped her off too causing you to laugh. Steve walked back into the main room with Nancy who looked calmer, but still had that panicked look in her eye which you could relate to on a personal level.