Chapter 3- grounded

As the days progressed, Billy's popularity started rise and by the end of the week, he was as popular and as well-known as King Steve himself.

Billy seemed to feed off people's attention, his cockiness and attitude rising along with his social status. He had joined the basketball team too and if the rumours circulating school were true, he was already their best player.

However, despite his newfound ranking with the popular cool kids, he still sat beside you in class and walked with you down the corridors between lessons. He now sat with his new friends during lunch, but that was okay because you'd rather sit in your car and listen to music while you ate anyway.

Billy hadn't suggest skipping class since and although you had a good time, there was no way you were asking him to do it, afraid that if he would say yes then he'd end up with another split lip.

The school bell rang, signally the end of another day and as your classmates walked out the room, Tina stood by the door handing out what looked to be flyers for her Halloween party tomorrow.

You packed up your backpack, Billy standing beside your desk waiting impatiently as he tapped his boot loudly just to piss you off before you slung your bag over your shoulder and walked with him out the class.

Tina held a flyer out towards you, but you shook your head as you walked past, but as suspected Billy took one without a word before he stopped and doubled back.

"Tina, can I grab another for my friend?" He asked kindly.

"Of course, Billy. Have as many as you want." She replied holding out the whole stack towards him as he grabbed another one off the pile.

"Thanks. See you Friday night." He replied with a smile that you knew was fake, but made Tina blush anyway.

You rolled your eyes and kept walking, expecting him to go off and find Tommy or one of the other basketball guys to give the flyer too, but to your own shock, he jogged after you and held the orange piece of paper in your direction.

"Uh, no, no, no, I don't do parties." You said, shaking your head as the two of you continued to walk down the corroder.

"Oh, come on. It'll be fun."

"You need to rethink your definition of fun, Hargrove."

Billy rolled his eyes before he slowed down a step to get behind you before he unzipped your backpack and shoved the flyer inside.

"Really?" You asked flatly, glaring at him, but there was no heat behind it and he just smiled.

"You're going to the party. I'll drive to your house and drag you there myself if I have to."

"No, no, don't do that." You quickly said, realising that meant he would probably see El and nobody was meant to know about her. "I'll go to the stupid party, but I'm driving myself. I'm not relying on your shitty Camaro to get me there safely."

"You want to start this do you?" He asked, raising his eyebrows causing you to smirk as the two of you walked out the school and started heading towards the carpark. "I'll take you for a drive in the Camaro and open her up out on the main road and then we'll see what car you'll be calling shitty."

"Let's do it."

Billy just grinned as you reached the Camaro and he unlocked it before the two of you climbed in, but to your confusion, he simply lit a cigarette and held it out his open window instead of starting the car and driving.

"Gotta wait for Max." He muttered, like he somehow knew what you were thinking.

Max? Who the hell was Max?