𝟎𝟏𝟗 | TEST SUBJECT

THE NEXT MORNING began with a cooked breakfast, a privilege Mya had been almost certain was lost forever. Although, the majority of the group were too busy nursing their hangovers to even appreciate the food much.

Mya took her seat in the empty space next to Sophia, who had already dug into her plate of breakfast. "Powdered eggs?" Mya asked, with a light-hearted grimace, figuring she could be eating much worse things - she was lucky to even have food.

"What? Not a fan?" T-Dog asked, overhearing her comment as he passed her a plate of food.

She grabbed her knife and fork, "If I eat egg in the morning, I feel nauseous for the rest of the day." Mya confided, something she'd learnt the hard way when she was twelve. She turned to her younger sister, "You want my eggs, Soph?"

As Sophia took the eggs from Mya's plate, Rick let out a quiet chuckle, despite him looking worse for wear, "You're surprisingly cheery this morning." He noted.

Mya smiled, cutting up the remaining food on her plate, "Ah, well that's what happens when you don't drink your weight in alcohol just because you can." She joked, casting a quick glance towards Glenn, seemingly the most hungover of the group.

"Don't remind me." He groaned, head buried in his hands.

"Well, you can set a good example for the kids." Lori added on, with a laugh as she glanced over at Carl. She seemed happy, Mya noticed, figuring she hadn't ran into Shane last night after all.

Mya snorted in amusement at the idea of herself being a role model, "I wouldn't go that far."

The laughter hastily died down as Shane walked into the dining room, looking as hungover as near enough everyone else. Lori immediately lowered her head as he entered - so he must've found her last night after all. Mya wondered what had been said, but decided to wait until after breakfast to bring it up.

"Feel as bad as I do?" Rick asked, taking a sip of water as he tried to make polite conversation.

Shane had his back turned to the group, as he got his breakfast, "Worse." He responded bluntly, which didn't come as much as a surprise, considering how drunk he'd been last night.

Chiming in, Mya cleared her throat, "Yeah, you seemed pretty out of it when I saw you last night." She added on, an attempt to test the waters and see if Shane or Lori would reveal anything about what had happened.

If Shane was willing to give her any hints, he didn't get the chance, "What the hell happened to you? Your neck." T-Dog asked, as Shane turned around, revealing scratches down his neck.