Chapter 4: I Have So Many Questions!... Do You Like Pancakes?

"Hurry up [Y/N]," they call out over their shoulder, "it's starting to get really dark. The sooner we get back to the village, the better."

I stopped jumping in the mud puddle I had been playing in and rushed to catch up, "I'm coming, I'm coming!"

They just shake their head in bemusement as I start to walk beside them. For a while we just walk down the forest path in silence. The only sounds being heard were the grass rustling in the light breeze, the drip drop of leftover water dripping from the trees from when it rained earlier in the day, and the crickets starting to chirp.

As we walked my eyes were fixated on the colorful leaves that decorated the trees. I watched as some of them fell gracefully towards the ground like a little air dance. I was so distracted that I didn't even notice they had stopped in their tracks for a second, and I was quickly grabbed hold of and brought close to them.

"Wha-" I began to say.

"Shh!" they shush, as they glance around our surroundings. My heartrate had speed up drowning out all sound outside of the thumping of my heartbeat.

"Run." they said quietly.

"Wait, wha-" I start but gets cut off when I'm pulled by their tight grip on my arm, when they start running.

And not a moment too soon, cause where we were just moments before pounced a fox. I scream upon seeing it, but they don't bother to look back and keep running.

We weave and dodge as the fox continues to try to pounce on us. We manage to dodge, but barely. We ducked inside a tiny goosepen that was at the base of a tree, it was too small for the fox to get in. That doesn't stop the fox from trying though. I scream and cling to them when it's paw got just a bit too close for comfort. I start to hyperventilate.

They grab hold of me and snap me out of my stupor, "[Y/N]! You need to go."

"Wait, wha-!?" I stumble out.

"Take the wagon and go," they said with finitude as they place the wagons handle into my hand, "And don't look back!"

"Wait, no!" I protest, "I'm not leaving without you! DAD!"

❤❤❤❤♡❤❤❤❤

I wake up in a cold sweat, it takes me a moment to fully wake up from the lingering nightmare and realize where I was. I was still in the box that the skeleton's made for me for a bed. The softness of it made me not want to get up, but the uneasiness from the bad dream was making me restless...

I sit up inside the box, and is quickly reminded of my hurt leg, being more mindful of it I take a quick look around. There was barely any light, so I'm going to guess that it was still early in the morning. I also noticed that Blue and Papyrus were nowhere to be seen, I wonder where they are.

Being oh so careful, I slowly get up to climb my way out of the box. Once I do so, I test out standing on my leg to make sure I won't fall on my butt again like last time. It seems to be healing on it's own quite nicely since I didn't buckle right away. Still hurt though... Using the box as support I make my way over the front end of the table I was on and looked down.

.

.

.

That's a long ways down... And I didn't have any of my climbing gear on me. And even if I did, I wouldn't be able to climb down with my banged up leg.

Fortune seemed to be on my side though, since at that very moment one of the skeletons, Blue, entered the room and took notice of my plight.

"OH, GOOD MORNING, [Y/N]! YOU ARE UP EARLY." they said as they made there way toward me, "ALTHOUGH, I DON'T THINK YOU SHOULD BE ON THAT LEG SO SOON. AS MUCH AS I HATE LAZINESS, I'M WILLING TO LET THIS EXCEPTION SLIDE."