Chapter 6: Home Coming

To say the least, I needed a moment to process the conversation we just had... Alvin and I were currently sitting in the palm of Sans' hands after he offered to carry us to the next destination, the Ol' Quartz. I accepted after he promised it would be a much smoother ride than earlier, and it was... but my mind was still racing after what I had found out.

❤❤❤❤♡❤❤❤❤

"Wait they what!?" I had exclaimed in bewilderment!

"The Elders sent me to get more food." Alvin repeated.

"Why!!!"

"Um... cause you never came back... and I was the only other bitty who knew where the food was?" He answered a bit hesitantly, not fully understanding why I was so upset.

"That's no excuse." I say with anger fueling my tone, "You are a child! Even if you were the only one to know where everything is, they shouldn't have sent you alone!"

❤❤❤❤♡❤❤❤❤

I can't believe this... I can't believe this... I CAN'T believe this! Cowards, all of them! They'd rather send a child into danger then to face it themselves. Not a single one of them was willing to go in his stead, or offer to help. What would have happened if Alvin hadn't returned? If he had gotten lost or was killed? What would they have done then? Would any of them have the guts to do it? Would they send another naïve child? Or would they just let the Village starve to death?

"uh kid?"

I was startled out of my thoughts by Sans' voice, I shake my head to clear my head before looking up at him, "Yes, Sans?"

"jeez kid, you had me worried." At seeing my confused face he continued, "we had been trying to get your attention for a while..."

"O-Oh, sorry..." I apologies, I can feel my face heating up, "I-I was just thinking... Must have gotten lost in my own head. Did you need me for something?"

Sans looked concerned but didn't push, thankfully, "we just wanted to know if we are anywhere close to this ol' quartz of yours."

"Oh, um, let me see." I say as I move to have a look around. Everything still looks strange even from this high up, so I focus more on what I can see on the ground than my surroundings.

"Oh wait!" I call out as I point towards the stone in question, "I think I see it over there."

"THIS WHOLE THING IS OL' QUARTZ!?" Blue exclaims, "IT'S HUGE! HOW DO YOU GET IT TO YOUR VILLAGE?"

"Oh, we're not taking the whole thing," I clarify, "We just chip away at it and gather the dust fragments."

"UM... DUST?" Blue asks hesitantly.

"Yeah, stone dust." I explain none the wiser, "It's great for making glass."

Stretch places a hand on Blue's shoulder, "don't worry bro, it's not a rock monster, they don't mean that kind of dust."

"O-OFCOURSE I KNEW THAT, MWEH!" Blue responds, "WHY WOULD I HAVE ANY REASON TO THINK OTHERWISE."

"What do you mean by 'that kind of dust'?" I ask, confused by the phrasing.

"THEY MEAN MONSTER DUST." Razz answers smugly, "WHICH IS WHAT HAPPENES WHEN A MONSTER DIES."

My eyes go wide, and Alvin gasps before exclaiming, "You can die!?"