Chapter 12: Out of the Frying Pan and Into the (Curious) Fire

Edge POV:

"WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING FOR A RUN! DON'T YOU AGREE EDGY ME?" Papyrus Prime asks.

I continue doing my stretches, not even looking in his direction as I reply, "HEAT, RAIN, OR SNOW, IT WON'T STOP ME FROM PERFORMING MY MORNING TRAINING."

"I KNOW THAT," Papyrus sighs, "BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE CAN'T APPRECIATE IT WHEN WE GET GOOD WEATHER."

I just hum in acknowledgment as I continue my stretches. Soon, Blue and Razz come out of the house to join us.

"TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH TO JOIN US." I call out to them.

"I'M NOT GOING ON MY MORNING RUN WITHOUT MY COFFEE." Razz states.

I scoff, "WEAK."

"THERE IS NOHTING WRONG WITH A QUICK PICK ME UP, TO START THE DAY." Blue says cheerily as he stretches his arms above his head.

As he says this, my brother and the ashtray step outside. They both look as if they will fall back to sleep at any moment while holding their mugs of coffee.

"you tell 'em bro," Stretch says as he takes a large sip of his coffee, "angel knows i need it..."

"you and me both." was my brother's reply as he takes a seat on one of the rocking chairs on the porch.

I just roll my eyelights, "IF YOU ARE QUITE DONE, I WOULD LIKE TO GO AHEAD AND GET STARTED."

"WHAT? IN A HURRY TO LOSE?" Razz asks mockingly with his arms crossed.

I was ready to reply, but was cut off by the ashtray's words, "nah, more like, in a hurry to see a certain bitty. am i right, edgelord?"

This guy thinks he knows everything...

"I JUST WANT TO GET THIS OVER WITH. I HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO TODAY." was my reply.

He huffs, "what things?"

"L-LOTS OF THINGS!" I unfortunately stutter, "IMPORTANT THINGS! THINGS THAT ARE NOT YOUR BUSINESS."

He looks as if he were about to say something, but gets cut off by his brother, "DON'T WORRY EDGE, I'M SURE WE'LL GET THROUGH OUR RUN IN NO TIME, SO YOU CAN DO ALL THOSE IMPORTANT THINGS! LET'S GO!"

He runs off to the edge of the forest, where we usually start our run, the others follow behind. I was just about to follow myself, when my own brother decided to call out.

"say hello to [y/n] for us!"

I stop in my tracks and turn to glare at him, "YOU COULD GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS, AND COME RUNNING WITH US TO TELL HER YOURSELF."

"nah," he responds while taking a sip of coffee, "maybe i can pop by the tree later when i'm more awake. you knuckle heads go on ahead with your run."

"LAZYBONE..." I mutter as I make my way to the others...

❤❤❤❤♡❤❤❤❤

"DO YOU REALLY THINK [Y/N] WILL BE THERE AGAIN TODAY?" Blue asks hopefully, as we all run down the forest path.

"WELL, SHE WAS THERE YESTERDAY." Papyrus answers, "AND SHE SEEMED TO BE FULLY HEALED, SO WHY NOT?"

"CAUSE, LIKE SHE SAID YESTERDAY," Razz argues, "THEY STILL HAVE PLENTY OF FOOD. YESTERDAY WAS JUST HER TRYING TO GET OUT OF THE VILLAGE FOR THE DAY."