7

=====

=====

He's so fuckin' pretty. I wanna drown in his voice. I wanna hold him and listen to him sing for me, just like this.

"And I'll be there for you, baby, but I've gotta have some room. And you gotta keep your eyes on the new guy in the room-"

Ah, God, his smile's so beautiful. I love his voice, I love his passion and his laughter and his slip-ups and his body and his lips-

"Atsu-San~" He panted with that bright grin of his. His hand held the microphone out to me, his skin was glossed with a thin layer of sweat.

"It's your turn again, haha."

I ignored the tremor that shook my core in reaction to his breathless, raw voice and gently took the mic from his hand.

I held it for a moment, glanced at him, and back down to my hand because, wow, he's so fucking stunning.

"Maybe," I gulped. "Maybe it'd be best if we went 'nd headed to bed. It's pretty late, haha."

"Oh, thank God, haha."

He leaned against me, his chin on my shoulder and his breath caressing my nape, the sides of our bodies practically fused.

"I'm not used to staying up this late, so I'm really tired. I didn't think we'd ever go to sleep, hahaha."

He nuzzled closer, impossibly so, and I listened to his soft inhale and even more tender hum of satisfaction after he had inhaled my scent.

I suddenly grew a bit self-conscious hoping, at the very least, I smelt good. Did I put cologne on? Fuck, I can't remember.

Why do ya gotta make me feel like this, Shou-Kun? This isn't how it's supposed to be. Yer supposed to fall for me, not the other way aroun'.

"Ah, damn, now I feel like we're jus' some ol' people gettin' ready for bed."

"Huh? No way! We're still in our twenties!"

"Nah, *yawn* I feel gravity takin' a tole already~"

Shouyou laughed at my joke, and I felt a tinge of pride swell in my chest.

"Let's get you to bed, then, Jiji-San~"

Laughter bubbled from my lips soon, as well. The events prior to all this seem to have been forgotten, which I wasn't sure whether to be thankful for or not.

If I had continued, where would we be? Would I have been able to confess my "love" to him?

Oh, right, I haven't confessed yet.

We had walked into my bedroom upstairs after I had led the way. Shouyou was looking around with a content, gentle smile, ignorant to the rapid thoughts turning my mind into a hurricane.

"I hope I have a room like this someday. It'd be nice to have a place decorated in little things like pictures and posters..."

"You'll have it someday, Shou-Kun. I know ya will."

"... How do you know..?" He muttered softly as he made his way to me. We stood two feet away. Merely. I could close this minuscule distance just by reaching out my arm.

"Consider it Jiji-San's wisdom~"

Again, I was blessed with his adorable laughter. His chuckles, quiet snorts, gentle gasps for air, and the incredible smile that came with it all.

But when we locked eyes, his laughter slowed, his smile faded, and his cheeks dusted a rising pink. He nipped at his bottom lip briefly with his teeth before running his tongue across it.

A sudden, intense feeling of desire washed over me.

Shouyou's head was tilted downward, but his eyes remained locked with mine. He took a step closer, closing one of the two feet separating us.

Another half a foot closed. Our faces were so close. He was so red, so bashful and hesitant, and I couldn't blame him at all because I'm the exact same way.

Hot, impatient, expectant. What's he planning to do?

His hands slowly, slowly cradled my jawline, his thumbs tenderly brushing at the flyaways near my ears as he leaned in.

I shut my eyes, prepared my mouth. I wondered for a moment if he'd confess before I could. Would that be easier? I don't know, I can't think about anything but his warm hands on my face and his body heat so close to mine.

Kiss me, my mind thoughtlessly chanted.

Kiss me.

Kiss me.

Kiss me.

A soft press on my cheek drew me out of my fantasies. Shouyou smiled at me.

"For today, uh... Thanks. I had a lot of fun. This was... This was really fun."

The moment I felt the warmth of his hand leave my face, I gripped it and held it there with my own. I didn't dare tear my eyes away from his until I was sure he wouldn't trail away from me.

They didn't. His hazel orbs ate me up. I watched them drop down to my shoulders, my hands, chest, neck, down further to my legs, and all that was between them, too.

A sound wanted to crawl out of my throat. I wasn't sure what it would sound like if it did. A moan, a scream, a sigh. Whatever it was, I wouldn't let it out. Shouyou's so close, I don't want to scare him away with it.

His breath mingled with mine in a briefly shared moment before his lips had found mine, and an overwhelming pleasure unlike any I've felt before spread throughout my body. It was as if I was being sent to heaven, or, perhaps, burned in hell, but in the best way possible.

=====