Part 17: The Blade of Goemon

It was a bright sunny afternoon when a little black haired boy ran through the grass in his light green kimono and miniature blue hakama pants, tripping over some rocks. Only five minutes younger, the twin behind him waddled after him tripping on the rocks, then pulling himself up running after his sibling...

.

.

The older boy pointed out the butterfly that flew up into the air flapping it's wings. The younger boy jumped up to reach out to the insect but just missed.

Orokumon: You almost kicked me!

Goemon the 14th: I did not! You were just in my way!

Orokumon: NO I wasnt! *He held his little twin brother's hands pushing him away*

The two boys roll over and tumble in the grass yelling at eachother, until there father shouted from the temple.

Goemon: OTOKONOKO! (BOYS!)

The two boys stop fighting and stand up immediately dusting their kimono's off.

Goemon the 14th: Otōsan gomen'nasai (Sorry Dad~)

Orokumon pointed: Kare wa hotondo watashi o funda! (He almost stepped on me!)

Goemon the 14th: Īe, watashi wa shimasendeshita! (No I didn't!)

Goemon: That's enough! You too must behave yourselves, the only time you'll fight eachother is when I tell you too for Samurai training. Your mother does not wish you to get your newly kimono's dirty.

He goes back into the temple, and the two boys continued to play with eachother. Goemon walks back into the temple and sees you cleaning some of the plates, you then take the boiling kettle off the stove and pour the hot water into the cup of ramen.

Goemon: You need any help?

Y/N shook her head: No but thank you Go-Go.

Goemon nodded: I was just making sure the boys didn't get their kimonos dirty, they tend to play often.

Y/N: There just kids, I don't mind if they get there kimono's dirty again, it gives me something to do at least, washing them.

Goemon: Ever since they've been born I've been keeping my eyes on them making sure they don't fight eachother.

Y/N: You have them fight eachother all the time with samurai training Goemon...

Goemon: That's different, it's for them to defend themselves when danger comes around. Besides, Orokumon is getting more skilled with his sword faster than I've expected.

The samurai looks back outside seeing the slightly older brother playing with his younger brother outside.

Y/N: For little Go-go he's just taking a little longer to learn the ways of the sword, Orokumon has my genetics of fast learning.

Goemon looked back to you with a soft smile: That makes perfect sense.

Y/N: You been feeling tense lately so what's wrong?

Goemon: Nothing, it's just my commitment of being a good father and keeping a close eye on them.

Y/N: Awww Go-Go your a great father to them.  I know you like kids so, I think your doing quite well.

You kiss his cheek, he blushed slightly.

Goemon: I thank my ancestors for giving me faith as well.  Though I do miss my sword often times, and all the memories it held.