𝐀𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐙𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐢 (💗🌨)

(Fluff /  Angst)

(No I don't know if Aether's/ The traveler's story in Teyvat will end when he gets to his sister. I just feel like they would leave okay? Okay, Enjoy!)

Aether looked up toward the evening sky. The stars were beautiful, as always, and just a memory where the traveler came from. He was sitting on the railing of a tall building of Liyue. He felt his eyes water, knowing that one day he'll have to leave.

But he's created so many friends, so many bonds, a relationship he doesn't want to throw away. He grabbed onto his body, just thinking about having to say goodbye to everyone after he finally finds his sister.

Just thinking about it was already torture. Aether squeezed his eyes shut to stop the tears. He's thought of some many different ways of saying goodbye, over, over, and over in his mind. But none of the goodbye's ever felt right.

And every time he's tried to explain to everyone it doesn't seem to be enough. It was never enough. Aether felt a hand press to his back. He jumped and almost fell off the railing. The person held onto Aether's waist and prevented him from falling.

Aether looked up and saw his dear friend Zhongli. Aether instantly looked away from him knowing that tears would fall from his eyes. 

''Is anything the matter, traveler?'' Zhongli asked, in his sultry voice that he owns. Aether murmured and answer but it wasn't clear. Zhongli made Aether look at  him. Aether hesitated but raised his head to face Zhongli. 

Zhongli's face softened and grabbed his cheeks. 

''What is bothering you, Péngyǒu?'' Zhongli asked softly. Aether felt the tears pour down his face. Zhongli had sympathy written across his face. Aether felt his chest heave for breath. 

''I'm afraid,'' Aether whimpered out. Zhongli sat beside Aether and held him close. 

''Why, are you afraid, traveler?'' Zhongli asked trying to wipe Aether's tears. Aether's bottom lip quivered. 

''I'm afraid, when I do really leave, Teyvat, I'll leave a hole in everyone, and I'll make people think I was only using them,'' Aether explained to Zhongli. The taller male nodded in a knowing motion. 

''I don't want to think that, I want them to know, that I, I,'' Aether stuttered and placed his face into his palms. He sobbed into them, not being able to explain to Zhongli. 

But, Zhongli knew the feeling. Zhongli stroked Aether's hair to calm him. Aether sighed and removed his hands from his sobbing face. 

''I just don't want to be a disappointment, to everyone,'' Aether said it, straightforwardly. Zhongli blinked in surprise.

''That will and, never be true, you will never,'' Zhongli grabbed Aether's face gently. Aether looked at Zhongli with glossy eyes, and with quivering lips. 

''You shall never be a disappointment to anyone in Teyvat,'' Zhongli explained thoroughly with Aether. ''And that is a promise,'' Zhongli said in a soothing voice. Aether felt warmth go to his cheeks. 

Aether always had the praise for Zhongli, how he can always be so calm, so soothing and even in the most serious situations. Aether has always liked that about Zhongli. Aether felt like his body wasn't his anymore. Aether grabbed Zhongli's face and leaned up. 

Aether's lips met Zhongli's. Zhongli was surprised, but didn't pull away, he melted into the kiss. Aether's eyes firmly shut, twitched feeling Zhongli pull Aether into him. Zhongli wraps his arms around Aether and keeping the kiss.

Aether pressed his body against Zhongli's body. Zhongli felt Aether's excitement in the kiss, wanting for more. Needing for more rather. Zhongli held Aether's body and pulled his face away from Aether's. Aether rested his face in the crook of Zhongli's neck. 

Zhongli twitched feeling Aether's breath on his neck. 

''I've felt praise toward you for a while, Mr. Zhongli,'' Aether admitted quietly to Zhongli. The taller man felt warmth collect in his cheeks. Aether intertwined his hand with Zhongli's hand. 

''But I felt a little horrible for thinking that, I could have a relationship with someone and just not continuing what I'm here for,'' Aether murmured in a honest tone. Zhongli held him close, pressing his hand to Aether's back.

Aether felt more tears run down his face. 

''But if I do have a relationship, I'll have to leave you, Zhongli, and that would hurt you deeply,'' Aether explained in a quivering tone. Zhongli nodded in a sad motion. Aether sniffed, and wiped his eyes.

''And I never want to hurt your heart,'' Aether whimpered. Zhongli held onto Aether and smiled. 

''Even if you do leave me, I will still smile knowing that you've loved me,'' Zhongli started up again. Aether blinked in surprise. Zhongli looked down at Aether. 

''If you ever do leave, my love, I will never love again, ''Zhongli stroked Aether's head. Aether tried to protest, but Zhongli silenced him with a deep and passionate kiss. Aether melted into the kiss and more tears came to his face. 

Zhongli pulled away from Aether and stroked the side of his face. 

''Smile, my dear and don't be solemn, my love,'' Zhongli explained to Aether. Aether held onto Zhongli and listened to him breathe.

As Zhongli stared up into the night sky, tears fell from his eyes. One day the traveler will have to leave. It pangs him to think about such a thing, but he will forever love his one and only.

Zhongli held him tighter. He will cry when he leaves, but he will be strong for him. And he will wave with a smile letting him go. And he knows if the day ever will happened he promised Aether, no one.

No one, would ever have Zhongli's heart again...