Chapter 19

I loved dreaming.

As a child my mother always called me her fairy. She said I was always away with the fairies. Id be sat at the dining table waiting for her to bring our dinner and I'd be staring into space thinking of the most bizarre things. Bed time was my favourite time of the day, because those hours where I was locked away in my mind, creating whatever world I wanted, made me the happiest.

When the dreams turned into nightmares the thing I loved the most became something I hated the most. I hated being locked in my brain for god knows how long with no escape. Living in a world that's so much worse than the one I was living while I was awake scared me. It's what stopped the sleep to begin with.

Right now, in this moment of time, I feel like I'm locked in my brain but I'm wide awake. I thought the insomnia was a blessing in disguise. Keeping me awake all hours stopping me from the cruel jokes my mind could play on me. However as I lay awake in this hospital bed, staring at the white ceiling, straining my ears in hopes of hearing someone...anyone, I feel as though I'm living a nightmare.

It wasn't till I heard faint footsteps grow louder and louder by each passing second that I felt myself grow both relieved but scared. If I'm truly in a nightmare, then anything could possibly come bursting through the door and do it's worse, but if it's real life, then I really really need to see a face. A familiar face.

The door handle was pushed down and the door was slowly pushed open revealing Luca Romano himself. One of the last people I expected.

"Hey, Luna." He whispered softly, his Italian accent rolling through almost unnoticeably.

"My names not Luna." I whispered as a small smile made its way to his face.

Walking over to the bed, he sat down on the small stool besides my bed and picked up the remote that controls the bed. He pushed a few buttons and watched the bed slowly move up so I was no longer laying down.

"I know, Luna." He teased as I rolled my eyes and glanced out of the window. It's pitch black but I have no clue what time it is exactly. "It's almost 3:30 AM." He said as he handed me a cup before sipping on his own.

"If it's coffee then no thanks." I mumbled.

"It's hot chocolate." He chuckled as he held it forward again and watched as I slowly took it and inhaled the chocolatey smell.

Sighing, I leaned back into the bed and took a sip. I could feel myself slowly being brought out of my own mind and I definitely didn't mind.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

He froze in place and blinked at me, as though me apologising was the last thing he ever expected. I mean, I don't blame him if I'm being honest. I can't remember the last time I've ever apologised to anyone so it's new to both of us.

"You don't need to apologise." He said with a small smile. "You weren't in the best place and I shouldn't have pushed you so I guess I'm sorry too." He smiled softly.

"And thanks for bringing me here, I probably should have come myself." I said as he bit his lip. I know he wants to ask again but he's afraid I'll lash out again. "I got jumped on my way back, I thought I'd cut through a few alley ways but it wasn't the smartest idea." I lied right through my teeth.

"What the fuck?! Where? Have you told the police?" He asked as he shot up from his seat and grabbed his phone.

"Can you please not call the police? I don't want this to become a big deal, I don't even know who they were or what they look like." I sighed as he looked at me for a couple seconds before sitting back down.