Chapter 1 - A New Start

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Ariana Grande is the talk of the social media world. A famous singer at 18 years old. Managing to become world famous in just a couple months. Somehow pursuing their music career and managing to finish school at the same time.

And her announcement of stopping her music career broke the internet.

But there was a specific reason why Ariana Grande stopped.

Fear. Ariana Grande was afraid. Truth be told, Grande would prefer to be a male. Not a female like he was born as.

And so, leaving his career behind, moving to America, the ex-celebrity found a new start. With a new name too. No longer was the celebrity, Ariana Grande. But his new name was now Grian Xelqua Birb.

. . .

Grian took a deep breath. He hoped no one would recognize him. He didn't exactly tell his parents, but they didn't really give a damn. Grian had cut his long hair short and took on a new attire. In his opinion, he looked incredibly different without the makeup he used to wear as Grande.

And so, he moved to America. He used to do high school in Japan. It was...Traumatic...

But now was a new start! In America! New York! The land of opportunity!

Stepping into the Hermit College and University, Grian first tried to find the office. After a couple minutes of wandering around, he found the door with "Main Office" on a golden plate.

"Um-" Grian stepped into the office.

"Ah, you must be the new student." Grian was startled by a sudden voice. He turned to see a teacher with a black haired boy next to her.

"Uh- Yea- I am-" Grian stumbled over his words.

"Scared?" She smiled. "I'm Ms. Plawn, the vice principal here. This is Mumbo. He'll be showing you around the school." Ms. Plawn turned back to Mumbo. "I will notify your teachers that you won't be in your classes for the morning. You should be done by lunch. If you need more time, come to me."

"Alright. Thank you," Mumbo said, smiling.

"Behave you two!" Ms. Plawn said as Grian and Mumbo left.

The halls were now clearer than it was before he went into the office. Mumbo had a folder with papers for Grian.

"What's your name?" Mumbo asked. "I'm Mumbo Jumbo."

"Mumbo- Jumbo?"

"I know, it's strange," Mumbo said, red from embarrassment. "What's your name?"

"Grian Birb," the shorter said.

"That's a nice name."

Grian smiled at the compliment. "Thank you," he whispered. There was a moment of silence.

"Um- Your locker is right next to mine," Mumbo said, trying to break the awkward silence. But it just made it worse.

"You're..." Grian tried to break the silence. "British too?"

"Oh- Yea." Mumbo smiled. "What? Not used to fellow Brits?" He teased.

"I- It's not that," Grian muttered in embarrassment.

"I know, I know. Wasn't expecting another British person were you?"

"No..."

"Same thing happened to me when I first came here. I didn't expect other Brits but I found them." Mumbo opened the folder to Grian's schedule. "Well, seems like you have some similar classes to me."

"Well, you are kinda my tour guide," Grian said.

"True," Mumbo said, chuckling slightly. "I should introduce you to my friends."

"Isn't until lunch kinda a long time for one tour?" Grian asked.

"The school is big," Mumbo said simply.

"How do you remember where everything is? How do you not get lost?"

"It's actually quite simple," Mumbo said as if it were obvious. Then he went on with an entire rant of how he memorized everything. However, Grian zoned out.

"And that's the school!"

"Wait what-" Grian snapped back to reality as the lunch bell rang.

"Were you zoning out?" Mumbo asked.

"Uh- Maybe?"

Mumbo sighed. "Well, I'm not going to explain it again, so you're on your own little buddy."

"Aw c'mon!" Grian cried out.

"I'm going to introduce you to my friends!" Mumbo said. "You coming?"

"Coming!" Grian immediately followed his new friend.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"It's actually quite simple"

- Pleb