Chapter 6 - Cookies

Chapter 6 - Cookies

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Today, Scar desperately needed help baking cookies. He was helping his mother in the back bake cookies for an event. Today, Grian, Scott, Jimmy, Mumbo, Pearl, and two new people were there. Gemini Tay and Fwhip Tay. They were apparently twins.

The group hurriedly ate their lunch and went to the back to help with the baking.

"I can't thank all of you enough," Sheila said, handing them each an apron. "Half of our staff are sick. The other half are busy serving people. Scar has school. And we have the bakery to run."

"It's no problem, really!" Scott said, smiling.

"Scar! Fill your friends in on what we're doing! I have to make more icing."

"Hi!" Scar approached them with a cheerful smile.

"What are the cookies for?" Fwhip asked.

"The school dance."

"There's a dance?!" Grian exclaimed. "How come no one told me?!"

"Didn't I?" Pearl asked.

"No!"

"Okay, we need some people to help my mom with the icing."

"I'll do it!" Gem pulled her brother's arm. "And you too Fwhip!"

"I'll help too," Mumbo volunteered.

"Great! Grian, Scott, Jimmy, Pearl. You're gonna help make cookies!"

While the group of 5 were baking cookies, Grian and Scar were assigned with kneading and shaping the dough. Jimmy and Pearl were assigned with cutting and baking. And Scott was assigned with decorating the cookies.

Grian looked up to see Scar's face dusted lightly with flour. He watched as Scar kneaded the dough with his touch, calloused hands. When Grian caught himself staring, he flushed despite no one being able to see him, and looked back down at the dough he was kneading.

"Uh- Scar?" Grian looked back up at the brunet.

"Hm? Scar looked up to make eye contact with the avian.

"I don't think I'm doing this right," Grian muttered softly.

Scar finished his dough quickly before walking towards Grian. "Here." Two pairs of scarred hands rested on top of Grian's soft ones.

Grian's face warmed at the action. Just feeling those rough hands made him flustered. He watched as Scar's hands guided his own hands in kneading the dough. Scar himself, was pink in the face as he held Grian's hands.

"They're totally in love," Scott said. Him and Pearl were watching from a couple feet away. Jimmy had gone to go get more icing.

"Definitely," Pearl said, snickering.

"Wonder how long it'll take for them to realize," Scott smirked.

"Maybe the same amount of time it took you and Jimmy," Pearl said, slyly.

"I'd say it will take them 2 years."

"Wanna bet?" Pearl grinned at Scott. "I say they're gonna be a thing within the next 2 months."

"I bet you ten."

"Eighty."

"Twenty."

"Seventy five."

"Thirty."

"Seventy."

"Fifty."

"Deal." Pearl shook hands with Scott.

"Me and Cleo made an eighty bet on you and Jimmy. I won."

"You made a bet on me and Jimmy?"

"About how long you and Jimmy were more than completely oblivious to your obvious love for each other. And how you were in denial half the time.

"PEARL!"