Chapter 2 - Cousin

Chapter 2 - Cousin

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Mumbo was typing rapidly away at his phone. Grian peered over his shoulder. The black haired man swatted his friend away with a playful eye roll.

"Pesky bird," Mumbo said, chuckling playfully. "Come on." Mumbo took Grian's hand. "My friends are having lunch at Scar's family bakery."

"Who's-" Grian was cut off when Mumbo was started dragging the avian.

Entering a bakery with the name of 'Jellie's Cookies,' Grian heard some people call Mumbo's name.

"Mumbo! Over here!" The one who called Mumbo was a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"C'mon Grian."

Mumbo pulled two chairs from a nearby table and the duo sat down.

"Sorry guys." A man with long brown hair that was pulled into a ponytail came jogging out of the back. "My mom wanted me to help her with something in the back."

"Make more cookies?" Asked a girl with short brown hair and light brown eyes.

"Yea."

"They are good." She shrugged playfully.

"Who's your new friend Mumbo?" The emerald eyed man smiled at the avian.

"Oh! Guys, this is Grian. He's new around here."

"Hi!" The blonde smiled.

Seated around the long table was False Symmetry, Scar Goodtimes, Impulse Vee, Ren Dog, Doc Sevintisivin and Bee O who preferred to be called Bdubs.

"There's definitely more of us," Ren said. "But it's not like we can fit over 20 people at one table."

Over the lunch hour, Grian began getting more comfortable around his new friends. But eventually, they had to get back to the school. The rest of the day went by in a flash. Following his new schedule, he found that at least one of his new friends were in each of his classes. Soon enough, he knew the entire group of friends. Might not be easy to remember everyone but he'll try.

When the final bell rang, Grian was shocked. He hadn't expected his first day to pass by so quickly.

Stepping outside the school, the parrot hybrid heard someone call his name.

"GRIAN!" Grian looked around to see a brunette woman waving him over. His aunt, Gealach Moon, was a young woman with long light brown hair and bright blue eyes.

"Hi Aunt Gealach." Grian smiled. He had called her explaining his situation and she supported him through and through. She even invited him to stay at her place.

"Excited to see Pearl?" Gealach asked, smiling as Grian got in the passenger seat.

"Yea, I haven't seen her- For how long?"

"Hmm..." Gealach hummed softly. "I think at least 10 years."

The rest of the ride was field with silence with occasional questions about Grian.

"We're here," Gealach said in a singsong voice.

Grian stepped out of the car to find himself in front of a tall apartment building. Gealach lead Grian up the floors of the apartment to the 9th floor. Reaching door 904, Gealach took out her keys. Unlocking the door, Grian was automatically ambushed by a brunette around his age.

"Grian!" Pearl was absolutely beaming.

"Well, the doctors say she's all set to go back to school tomorrow," said the man behind Pearl. "You look...Different...I'm Corran. Nice to meet you again Ariana."

Grian winced at being deadnamed. Gealach had warned him about this over the phone.

Gealach sighed. "Pearl, will you show Grian to where he'll be staying?"

"Sure!" Pearl dragged Grian by the hand. "You'll be staying in my room," Pearl said. "Your stuff is already in there." She turned to her younger cousin. "Sorry about my father deadnaming you."

"It's alright," Grian said, smiling. "He probably didn't mean it."

But he knew why Corran deadnamed him. Corran was against his decision. At least he had Pearl and Gealach by his side.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Grian is "Sun" in Irish. So I mean why not make his aunt's name "Moon" in Irish? Also "Corrán" is "Escent" in Irish. Also requesting a cover- I can't pay cause my broke ass-
- Pleb