Chapter 3 - Late

Chapter 3 - Late

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"Grian wake up!" Pearl tried shaking her younger cousin awake.

"Leave me alone," Grian groaned swatting the brunette.

"Grian! It's Tuesday! We have school today!"

That woke Grian up. "What time is it?"

"It's 8:30! We only have half an hour!"

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" Grian cried out as Pearl left the room.

"I thought you were already ready!"

Grian frantically pulled on his red jumper, quickly putting his wings through the cuts in the back, ruffling the feathers. Hurriedly, Grian put the feathers back into place the best he could and left the room, grabbing his bag on the way.

"Let's go!" He and Pearl ran out of the apartment with Pearl grabbing her keys.

"You two are going to be late," Gealach said laughing playfully. "You sure you don't want a ride."

"It's fine Mum!" Pearl grabbed Grian's hand and the two ran out of the apartment. "C'mon we'll fly there! It'll be faster!"

Like Grian, Pearl was an avian. However, while Grian had parrot wings, Pearl had dove wings.

Jumping up, Pearl's wings immediately brought her into the air. Grian quickly followed.

When the duo got to the school, the bell rang.

"Just in time," Pearl said, landing gracefully and pulling her white feathered wings to her back.

"We didn't even have breakfast," he whined.

"Your fault for sleeping in."

Saying goodbye to each other, the cousins left or their own classes.

Grian squeezed through crowds of students rushing to get to class. Finally reaching the classroom, Grian went towards his seat in the back. For Grian, today, the classes was boring and long. He hated it. He spent the entire time staring at the clock just wishing for the class to end. Grian zoned out in half his classes. And boy was Grian glad when lunch hour came around.

Walking into Jellie's Cookies, Grian saw the group of friends in the same spot as usual. It was now that Grian noticed a cat by the window. It seemed to have white and grey fur with green eyes.

"That's Jellie," said a cheerfully voice behind Grian. Grian turned around to see Scar behind him. Upon hearing her owner's voice, Jellie jumped down from where she was sitting and wrapped herself around his legs.

The two friends headed over to the table with their friends.

"Jellie's cute," Grian whispered.

"Do you have cats?" Scar asked.

"Yea, two." Grian sat down next to Pearl.

"Hey kids!" A woman with graying brown here came out from the back. "Sorry the cookies took a little while. I had to keep them away from Shayne since they were for you." The woman placed a tray of cookies onto the table.

"Thanks Mrs. Times," False said, smiling.

"Please, just call me Sheila."

"Why do you guys get the good moms?" Bdubs said, jokingly, as Sheila went back to behind the counter..

"We just got lucky," Pearl said, laughing.

Grian cracked a smile, listening to his new friends chat and joke around.

"Grian, did you hear me?" Grian snapped out of his trance, finding Bdubs staring at him.

"Uh- Sorry, what did you say?"

"I said, I'm having a sleepover next month and I'm inviting you all."

"Oh!" Grian smiled. "I'd love to come."

"Great!" Bdubs beamed.