Chapter Eleven

Recap:

Mike’s POV

I felt Rina go limp beside me. It was the best feeling ever. The girl I cherished was by me, I could even hug her if i wished but I didn’t want to disturb her. She needed her sleep.

And so you do! My mind yelled in exhaustion. I needed to sleep. I drifted off, for the first time since dad had passed away I slept without any disturbance. I didn’t wake up sweaty with from a nightmare. No one chased me in my dreams...

Chapter 11

The next couple of days passed in having fun and getting to know each other. Jack and Mike shared everything with me, their likes, dislikes and hobbies.

Only thing I wasn’t told was how they met, how they became friends and what was the link with my birthday? All my such questions were quickly brushed aside with a change of topic or some joke Mike or Jack will crack.

The brush fell from my hand. My hands grasped my head when as a sharp pain shot through it. I was having these headaches in a higher consistency. I only had them once in the past week but since yesterday this was my 4th.

The room blurred in front of me and something will go through my mind. Sometimes it was a picture other times a thought. A vision appeared in front of me. It was Jack and Mike fighting. Something was different about them. They were pushing each other and I was trying to get them apart.

Something niggled at the back of my conscious. There were acting different. I couldn’t hear anything except they were both looking at me, the look in their eyes made me breathless. It was so sharp and shocking for me. It was a look that my parents used to give me when they were proud at something I had done.

My parents.

It had been awhile since I had thought about them. Jack and Mike had distracted me and now this vision of them fighting reminded me on them again. How bizarre.

The vision disappeared as abruptly as it had appeared. The pain in my head eased away slowly. I rushed out of my room towards the living room.

I found Mike dozing on the sofa. His arm hanging off the side, his hand clutching the remote. The noise of the TV was so loud that it surprised me how he could fall asleep in such a state. The look on his face was one of anger. Why would he be angry in his sleep?

It reminded me of the vision I had. The anger that had been on his face while he had looked at Jack.

He jerked and his hand formed a fist, dropping the remote he had been holding.  His mouth moved, forming words.

I had to tilt forward to hear him exactly.

“Rina is mine Jack!” He said menacingly. His mouth had curled into a scowl. His eyes shuttered open. The glare died down and his eyes softened as they landed on me.

He blinked a few times. “Hey Rina,” his voice sounded husky. So he had been sleeping for while then.

“How can you sleep in such a racket?” I pointed at the screaming coming from the TV.

“Sorry, it been hard to sleep for the past few days, I don’t know when I dozed off.”

I realised it had been him that had been walking around at night, I would sometimes see a figure go out my room and close the door quietly when I would be half asleep. I never gave it much thought as it could very well be a dream but now that he mentioned it, it clicked.

I sat down by him and he straightened up to give me room.

“Is everything okay Mike?” I looked at him properly in days, we didn’t spend time sitting as we went sight seeing most days, movies or even parties that were on around the area.

But now that I looked at him properly, he had dark circles under his eyes. The eyes looked too large on his face, his dark hair was a mess as usual. I guess he hadn’t been looking after himself properly. He didn’t have any parents so he had nobody to look after him.

That made me wonder how he coped without his parents and any friends. He had always just hung around with me, to keep an eye on me obviously.

He didn’t reply until I looked at him pointingly. He looked sheepish.

“Yeah everything is fine. I just can’t sleep at night.”

“You said so, but why? Anything in your mind?”

“Ermm not really” The momentary hesitation gave him away. There was definitely something up. But he won’t tell me as usual.

“Never mind then Mike, I know you wouldn’t tell. Hurry up and get ready. Remember we have a fair to go to? And where is this Jack?”

“he’s probably in his room getting ready to impress the girls. You know how long he takes. I will only be a minute. Just need to change.”

“Uh no Mike. You desperately need a shower,” I grabbed his hand and pulled him up. “You can use the shower in my room as Jacks probably using his, now hurry up. You have 5 minutes to shower! I can’t wait to get up on some rides.”

I was excited to get going, I loved fairs.

Don't give up on the story. Something exciting coming up between Mike and Rina so stay tuned!

Vote

Comment 

Fan

xoxo