Chapter 1: Life after Him

It had been roughly two years since anyone had last seen William Afton.

He used to come by and visit at least once a week when the police weren't questioning us, but that stopped for reasons unbeknownst to me.

I do remember one night I tried to convince him to bring us along with him. Or to at least tell us where he is staying, but he simply shook his head. He told me it wasn't safe for me to follow him, and I had to provide a safe environment for our kids.

That was one of the last times I saw him.

The whole police fiasco was about three years ago, and William stuck to his word about coming back and visiting.

For a while.

But things changed after a year, and he just one day never came back to us.

Lizzy and Chris were always curious about their father. I didn't know how to explain it. How do I tell these angels that their father is most likely dead or doesn't give a damn about us anymore?

Michael reacted differently. He grew a anger towards William. He honestly was beginning to act like William, with his aggressive behavior. I was concerned.

However he seemed to have cooled his temper after a few months and is now working the day shift with me at Freddy's.

Yes, Freddy's.

Henry's business has actually been progressing without William around. Whether it be the accidents he causes or him slacking at his job, I'll never know. But it's good to see Henry doing well.

At least one of us is.

I've been coping the past two years, mainly talking things out with Henry, if I'm ever in need. Michael can sometimes be helpful too but I don't like to stress the kid out. He's been through so much.

Life just hasn't really been interesting without William around. Nothing eventful has happened since he left, occasional things on the news but that's about it.

The children and Henry have been what's keeping me going. Clara will still stop by and take them rarely, but I seemed to have earned her respect by sticking around for her kids. She hasn't been so rude to me lately.

I've been promoted to co-owner of Freddy's, William's spot. Not that I mind, the pays a lot better. I just hate the constant reminder of him. He never leaves my mind and I just feel stuck. He got to move on and I'm still here.

Pathetically waiting for him to come back.

The police gave up about thirteen months ago, so if he wanted to come back he would've.

Sighing, I opened up the doors to Freddy's and checked on the animatronics. They still creeped me out with Chris and Lizzy's incidents, so I kept my distance.

Not to mention the spring-lock suit—

"Well, you're sure up early ma'am!" One of my employees, Cole, walked in the entrance. He was relatively new and friendly to everyone, a likable guy. But I have a hard time trusting people after Afton.

"Just performing maintenance. Why are you here so early?"

"Henry told me to! He told me about your fear of the animatronics, so we both figured I'd do maintenance today!"

I inspected him intently. He was on a first name basis with Henry? Yes, Henry is a nice man as well, but he is also professional.

"Yeah, if you don't mind that'd be nice." I would ask Henry about Cole later. He wasn't much older than me, late twenties. His hair was ginger, and his eyes were brown. He seemed to be a rather muscular man, possibly Henry's height. But the most strange thing is that he wore a purple uniform.

And honestly that freaked me out.

"No problem! I'm new but Henry taught me well! I'm sure you know since he knew your father and all!" He chuckled, walking passed me as if this information was nothing at all.

The conversation ended at that. But I stood there for a moment and watched him.

What was his deal? Does this have Afton written all over it?

Or am I just falsely hoping for that?

I sighed and walked to my office.

~

"Mom, Mikey won't let me see Marionette!" Chris came running into my office. It was after school hours now and Michael probably drove the kids here since he had work.

He got his license a few months ago.

"I thought you were afraid of all of them?" He had woken up startled the other night with a nightmare about SpringBonnie and he has been hesitant to go into Freddy's since.

"Yeah, but not Marionette! That's my friend." I didn't really know what to say to this, Michael still felt extreme guilt about Chris and never let's him leave the arcade. He gets very protective, of both of them, but it appears more in Chris.

"Maybe you should talk to Michael about it? If he supervised you he'll probably let you visit your friend."

Chris seemed to contemplate my words and nodded, running off moments later. I looked back down at my desk and began doing more boring paperwork. It was one of those days where I was stuck in my office.

"Hey, Y/N." There was a deeper voice, Henry.

"Hey, Hen. What's up?" I cracked my knuckle and stretched my back. I was probably in for a long conversation since it was Henry.

"I know this is kind of sudden, but we are doing really well on money, and business is great so, would you be interested in opening a third establishment?"

A/N:
Thank you guys for your support, I'm glad to say I'm starting another long William Afton x Reader.

It's going to be a long road, but you're funny and positive comments motivate me so I appreciate it.