Chapter 4: Letter

"Morning, Miss L/N." Surprisingly and thankfully, it wasn't Cole greeting me but another Fazbear's employee.

"Good morning, Jayla. Did Mr. Emily come in for work yet?"

"I don't think so, ma'am. I've been here since six a.m and I haven't seen him."

Strange, I noted.

"Is Cole in the building?" My body slumped just asking. A part of me felt the answer would be better left unknown.

"Actually, yes. I'm pretty sure I saw him near Henry's office. He seemed pretty busy."

I groaned. Why is he always here so early? What right does he even have marching around our offices like that?

"Okay, thanks Jayla."

"Have a good day, ma'am!"

I walked out of the employee's room and over back towards Henry and I's office. I found it strange that he wasn't working at his usual time today. In fact, he was late. It was around seven a.m and Henry still wasn't here.

But Cole was.

My office was always the first door to see when walking down the hallways. The lights were off and it looked untouched, so it seemed Cole hadn't been in there.

I went further down the hallway and Henry's office light was on, but no one was in there. There were a few papers scattered across his desk but besides that it looked clean.

I walked over to his desk, deciding that snooping wasn't exactly a crime in this scenario. Cole wasn't supposed to be back here anyway. And I was the co-owner of Freddy's! What could he possibly be hiding from me?

The paper was a letter, that much was sure. It was addressed to Cole, but it seems as if he never took the dignity of responding.

At least yet.

The local amusement park will rip your socks off. It will feature relics from the old pizzeria. I just need you to get me that SpringBonnie suit. We can make loads with that creepy bunny. Talk to the two owners of Freddy's, Henry and Y/N. Get them to consent to the attraction and reactivating SpringBonnie, and we have a deal.

P.S,
I have that guy you want. He won't talk. What do you want me to do if he doesn't give out info?

I placed the letter back down on the table and took a deep breath. There were so many sketchy things about what I had just read. I was, of course, angry that Cole was trying to buy the SpringBonnie suit from us, but I was more concerned about the person they 'had'.

I was regretting not doing a background check on Cole now. He was obviously affiliated with some sort of illegal activity that I want Freddy's to have no part of. But I couldn't just stand here with my regret. They had a man hostage! I considered going to the police, but it would be very unlikely for them to successfully track this letter, nor would they believe me.

Telling Henry had its disadvantages too. He wasn't a very smart man, he wouldn't even know what to do with the letter brought to him. And I doubt he would believe me as well. As much as I hate to say it, he trusts Cole. It seems I'm going to have to figure this out on my own.

"Why are you in Henry's office?" I whipped my head around and Cole had his arms crossed, judging me as I quickly took my hands away from Henry's desk.

"I was wondering why the lights were on. Why were you in it?" I decided to act oblivious. Cole was mostly likely a threat, and I didn't want to end up like that man in the letter if he found out what I knew.

"Henry asked me to dig up some old paperwork." His brows furrowed, "You seem to be lingering, did you need something?"

"I don't need anything. I'm just waiting for Henry. He and I are going to discuss personal matters today."

My response only seemed to alarm him, and it was at that moment I realized it looked like I had read his letter, and was going to snitch to Henry. My eyes widened as he unfolded his arms and any hints of calmness was erased from him.

"What kind of personal matters, Y/N?"

"It's Miss. L/N to you." I huffed. Cole brushed that off and continued to pry.

"If it isn't too personal, may I sit in? I also have some things to discuss with Henry."

"Discuss them with him when I'm done." I snapped. Cole eye's glared at me, his body becoming more tense.

"I'll be busy later. I need to speak with him as soon as possible."

"You forget who you're talking to, Cole. I'm your boss. It isn't up to you when you want to speak to Henry and I. I have the higher authority." My hands were now placed on my hips and all fear was eradicated. I was simply reminding a employee of their place at this point.

Cole seemed to genuinely take this information in and process it. His body relaxed and he closed his eyes for a brief moment, seemingly to collect himself.

"You're right. I'm sorry, Miss. L/N. I just have plans later and I was stressed." His apology seemed genuine but I knew him enough to see through the act. He wasn't actually sorry. But I wasn't going to call him out for it.

"You can see Mr. Emily when I am done speaking with him. For now, go do your morning repairs." I ushered the ginger-haired male off and shockingly, he didn't object. His eyes were trained on the papers behind me as he paused in his footsteps.

"May I just grab those papers behind you?"

"...Sure."

Hesitantly moving to the side, Cole slipped past me and collected the letter along with other papers I didn't get to read. He gave me a 'charming' smile as he headed out the door. But I couldn't help but think,

Does he know I know?