Chapter 3: Order

A/N:
Hey guys, I'm sorry for not uploading lately, I've been sick with COVID and I was stuck in the hospital for a day or two. I'm feeling better now though so I'll try and get back into routine.

————————

"So you want to open a horror attraction?"

"Actually, it was Cole's idea, but yes. I think we'd make good money from teenagers."

Cole had a smirk implanted on his face, staring at me. He seemed confident that he'd get my approval. But I didn't like the idea of a children's establishment turning into that.

And I wanted to wipe that stupid smirk off his face.

"Isn't this a children's restaurant, Henry? Once they visit the new attraction they'll never come back. You're going to scare away our young customers!"

Henry seemed to take this into consideration. He looked back and forth between Cole and I, and I was going to throw a fit if he chose Cole's opinion over mine.

"Let me get back to you both. You both make valid points." With that, Henry gave a friendly smile and calmly walked out of the office, awkwardly stranding me with Cole.

"How close are you to Henry, Y/N?" Cole sneered, his face showed he was choking back hints of disgust.

"He's like a father-figure, you asshole. He didn't go with your stupid idea because it frightens children!"

"Well, if you let me explain a little more you'd understand that it'd be a attraction strictly for teenagers."

Cole and I at this point both had scowls on our faces. I was only about a few feet away from him and the tension between us was building. It took a lot of willpower to not punch this man.

"I can't help but get the feeling you don't like me, Y/N." His voice went monotone, all signs of anger completely revoked. "Why is that?" I fell silent.

"I've seen William, y'know. He doesn't live too far from here." My eyes went wide and I clutched onto the fabric of Cole's shirt. He jumped a little at the response but then chuckled and gently put my hands down.

"I'll make a deal with you, Y/N," His smirk formed, "Convince Henry to open the horror attraction and I'll tell you Afton's location."

I shifted uncomfortably.

~

It was around eight p.m now and Freddy's closed early since it was Sunday. I told Henry I needed to go shopping so Cole did the honors of closing up for me.

The kids were being watched by Michael at home and Henry was supposed to stop by and visit them, so I could stay out later than usual.

I wasn't shopping for Freddy's or for the kids. Tonight, I was just shopping like any other normal human being. I was going to treat myself to a few new outfits and other things, probably alcohol.

I was shopping at an outlet so when shopping between stores, I had to walk outside. It was pretty dark out, but there were few people shopping this late so I wasn't very concerned.

"Have a good one." The overly-worked employee gave me my bags.

"You too." The bell rang as I left one of the last stores I wanted to check out. It was pitch black outside now, and nearly no one in site. I paced a little quicker to the next store as my paranoia claimed I was being followed.

The store just felt really far away and my face began to feel hot. I looked behind me for the third time but came across nothing. In fact, there was no longer a single person shopping anymore. It was just me.

I began jogging to the store as my palms began to shake. Again, I was not being followed but my mind was wired to believe so. I kept going and going but the store was just so far away.

"Click."

I tripped over a crack in the sidewalk, and the things in my bag made a mess all over the cement. My heart rate was spiked now and I was shaking. I had no idea whether I was hearing things or if that was one of the spirits.

"Hello?!"

Nothing. So I quickly picked up all of my items, constantly looking behind my back, and ignored all the worrying thoughts that someone was following me.

"Do you need help, ma'am?" I jumped a bit but looked up and saw a little boy that looked to be about ten years old. He had brown hair and blue eyes, and was poorly dressed.

"Yes, please." I sighed. The little boy simply shrugged and helped me pick up everything that dropped. It took about ten to fifteen seconds to get everything back where it was.

"Thank you. What's your name?"

"Gabriel." He smiled. I smiled back with discomfort. It was then I realized he and I were completely alone, he was just wandering around without his parents or family, any supervision at all. I didn't know whether to be freaked out or if the kid needed help.

"I'm Y/N. Who's here with you, Gabriel?"

"You are."

"Where's your family, Gabriel?"

There was a long silence, and Gabriel looked downwards at the pavement. I began to regret asking but I couldn't just watch after someone else's kid.

"I don't blame you."

His voice was more ominous now, deeper. It was like what I heard earlier. Was he what I heard earlier?

"Blame me for what, Gabriel?" I took the slightest step backwards as to not alarm him. I didn't want him making any sudden movements.

"Not everyone is like me though."

He continued,

"They are angry. You have disrupted the order again."

"What are you talking about?! I haven't done anything!" By this point, both of us knew he was referring to the spirits but the reason for their anger was unbeknownst to me.

"Click."

And he had vanished.