Chapter 6: The Bar

The next few days weren't too exciting for me. I went to work, saw the children, tried figuring out the mysteries of that letter, then went home. It was uneventful. But sometimes boring is a good thing.

It was night time and I had just tucked in the kids. It was still just as difficult to get Chris to sleep but lullaby's and bedtime stories helped. Michael claimed he was too old for that 'baby stuff' but Lizzy liked to listen along and would usually fall asleep in my arms. I chuckled quietly reminiscing on her sleepy face.

Around this time I would usually be going to bed too, but it was a Friday night and I wanted to do something for myself again. Freddy's wasn't making my life entertaining enough lately and I just felt the need to go out again. Though I did have the fear of running into the spirits or someone like Cole.

Or maybe I was still paranoid from the letter.

I didn't dwell on it much as I finished getting ready for the night. I planned on hitting a bar and maybe a club or something else if I felt like it. I had on a dress that was tight fitting against my body, adding onto that with a black jacket.

I made sure to lock the house on my way out and double checked that the kids were asleep, thankfully they were. The drive to the bar wasn't necessarily pleasant, as I spent my time worrying about the children's safety and many other things. So I drowned out my thoughts with loud music.

About thirty five minutes later I arrived at the bar. As the sorry ass self I am, I planned on drinking alone and then going to have fun if I felt like it, but maybe I'll meet a friend that'll want to join me.

I wondered if Henry ever did things like this. He wasn't married anymore and his life wasn't really joyful either. He definitely was a busy and strict man though. And he seemed so innocent. I don't know if I could ever imagine him in a place like this.

"What would you like to start with, ma'am?" I looked up, slightly startled to find the waiter staring down at me expectedly for my order. I internally questioned how long he stood there staring at me.

"Russian Standard, please."

He nodded and grabbed a large bottle from the shelf, pouring it into a shot glass assumingely for myself. As he did this I took the time to look around the bar. There were quite a few people here, and it gave me a bit of social anxiety. But I tried to assure myself that they'd either be too drunk or socially occupied to judge me.

"Are you meeting with another companion tonight?" I turned around to face the waiter, who had finished with my drink.

"No, it's just me." I grabbed a few petty dollars for tip and left them on the counter for him, grabbing my drink afterwards.

"Well don't go wallowing about it. There's a handsome fellow eyeing you back there." The waiter chuckled and pointed to my back right side. I turned around and saw a man who was staring towards my direction. I was half expecting Cole, but shockingly it was a complete stranger.

"Do you know him?" I turned back around, slightly anxious and paranoid. I wasn't sure if this man's intentions were harmful or just lustful.

"Not very well. He comes here 'bout two or three times a week. Never chats with the ladies though so you must be special."

I considered this information and was concerned even more. The waiter just winked and told me he'd come back in a bit. I suddenly felt the need to watch my back, like that guy wasn't safe. Was I followed?

"I don't think I've seen you before."

My breath seemed to have stopped it's pattern entirely as the man finally approached me. It was a shame I never got to even calmly drink my shot in peace. Now, I had to worry about him.

He was closer up now and I was able to get a better look at him. He wore glasses that fought against his messy brunette hair. He had blue eyes, though something about them seemed off. His skin was pale and his outfit wasn't any better, especially for a bar.

"It's my first time." I mumbled, downing the vodka as a anxious habit. The man simply laughed and sat down beside me. I grew more uncomfortable. Maybe I could let the waiter know that I don't want—

"Yes, I think I would've noticed you." His voice was deep and slightly off-putting. Some may find it attractive but for what I've been through, it just makes me more creeped out.

"What's your name, doll?" I flinched slightly at the nickname. I didn't say anything though. I've become immune to that type of thing now.

"...Y/N, L/N. Yours?" I hesitantly answered.

"James Bishop." He smirked. It didn't help my paranoia.

"Well James, it was nice to meet you. I'm probably going to be here for a bit drinking so I wouldn't want to keep you."

"I was actually planning on staying here for a while as well." James took a large sip of the alcohol in his hand he had been carrying this whole time. I really didn't know what to do here. I wanted to spend some time to myself, but I also did want to meet someone tonight.

I stared at James.

"Oh, okay. In that case I'm going to order another drink." I waved the waiter over and he gave me my second shot. I was grateful for the time he was in my presence so it wasn't so awkward between me and this strange man.

"So, do you go out often Y/N?" James asked once the waiter walked off. His drink had been refilled as well, and he had paid for both of ours. I was pretty much committed into a few conversations with him now.

"Not much. I have a demanding job with three kids so I don't usually have the time." I explained, realizing I'd probably have to explain I'm not married and these kids were left to my care.

"Demanding job? Where do you work?" Confused, I didn't answer right away. He didn't question the children part? Maybe he didn't have romantic intentions? Or it's possible he just isn't assuming anything, like I always do.

"It's a little kids establishment called Freddy Fazbear's. I'm the co-owner."

"...Hm. Never heard of it. I'm new around here though so that's probably why. You'll have to show me sometime."

I blankly stared as he drank some more of his beverage peacefully. This guy was certainly weird.