Chapter 14: Escape Mission Failed

James was tumbling right around the corner. My hand dropped from the doorknob, I had to stay. I remembered the weapons I still had in my pockets, though, I wasn't sure how useful they were going to be. Still, I kept them in mind as I planned my way to outrun him.

"You bitch! You're going to pay for that!" He screamed, obviously still infuriated by the kick. I had no remorse. It was honestly an act of self defense.

He was blocking the staircase. Which is where I would need to go if I wanted to search for William. If I did try to do that, I would also need time. And James chasing me around his house would be very time consuming. He would need to go, just for a little bit.

I grabbed the knife out of my pocket. His eyes widened in surprise and fear as I ran for him. I could see the betrayed look on his face.

James tried to dodge my attack, though I was already ahead of him. I stabbed his leg. I didn't want to kill him. I just wanted to slow him down.

He fell down in a blood curling scream. Holding his right thigh, where the stab wound was. He was vulnerable, so I stabbed him again. I wanted to make sure he wasn't going to get back up. I stabbed his left thigh which made him cry, then pass out. He was a bleeding mess on his own floor.

Hopefully, he wouldn't die of blood loss...

It wasn't my problem anyway. I ran up the stairs going as fast as I could. I knew he had frequent visitors and I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. If I was wrong, and William wasn't here, I would severely pay for what I've done.

I kicked open the first door. It was a bathroom. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but I checked behind the shower curtains just in case. There was nothing.

Scrambling out of the bathroom, I opened the closest door I could find. It was a clustered bedroom. I supposed it was James', though there were no people inside of it. I walked in further just to check for any hints or signs of Afton.

It honestly looked normal. There was a TV on a stand, a few bottles of alcohol, and a king size bed. If I wanted to find William, I couldn't waste my time wandering in his bedroom gathering information.

I stormed out and darted for the last door upstairs. It was all the way at the end of the hallway and closed. And when I tried opening it, it wouldn't budge.

"Hello?" I called.

I heard faint rattling on the other side. I put my ear up to the door to try and get better details at what I was hearing.

It sounded like thumping. Like there was some sort of fight or something going on in the room. I twisted the doorknob again, more panicked, but it still was just as useless.

"Is someone in there!?" I struggled a bit more with the door, using one hand to check my pockets for a hair pin.

My response was more noises. All incoherent. I didn't know whether I was hallucinating or if maybe William was really on the other side. But I was going to find out.

Luckily, I remembered to bring a hair pin for any locks.

I fiddled with the lock for a bit, the hair pin wasn't exactly the right size for the hole. However, I made it work. Eventually, the door opened and led me to the dark abis of a empty room.

I couldn't see anything. All I knew was, the room was huge. I attempted to flicker the lights on, though nothing worked. I should've brought a flashlight.

Inside of the room, I saw two specks of purple. Almost like...eyes.

That couldn't be though. It wasn't possible. Right?

"Is someone there?" I muttered, loud enough for a being in this room to understand me.

There was a lot of ruckus. Shuffling, grinding, I couldn't make it out. There definitely is something in here. If it was human or not, I was going to see.

I still had my phone. I could use the flashlight on there.

Nervous, with adrenaline, I grabbed the phone from my pockets and turned the flashlight on.

"Oh my god." I gasped, trying my absolute harder to not drop my phone.

I saw him. I saw William. He is right in front of me. His hair is disheveled and his clothes are ragged. He looks so skimpy. He was starved. And there were ropes tied all around his body. Including duct tape over his mouth. I guess I knew why I never got a response.

But, the most disturbing change in him was his eyes. They were purple. A glowing, bright purple. I didn't know what happened to him. Or what he did to get himself in this position. But words could not describe how terrible he looked. There were cuts and bruises everywhere. He was so pale he looked like a ghost. Maybe he was.

"Holy shit. William, it's me Y/N. I'm here to get you out!" He seemed to have tried to mumble something to me. However, the tape blocked whatever he was saying. I was growing sick of this, I wanted to hear his voice again. I was deprived three years from it.

I walked over to him, wasting no time. I needed to know everything. I want him home.

Though, randomly, William suddenly got all jumpy and started mumbling at me. He was twisting and turning in his ropes, as if trying to escape himself. All the while, still mumbling. I was confused.

"What?"

I was then whacked over the head with a unknown object.

Everything went black.