Happy Birthday, Harry

~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ Chapter 22 ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~

Harry was nervously brushing his hair, his outfit was perfectly pressed and complimented his fair features and made his eyes stand out. He wished Draco was here, but he needed to go with Uncle Luc to visit with his father's side of the family after his 13th birthday came roaring, quite literally too, in and not only did he present as an Alpha, but his Creature Inheritance also made an appearance. Narcissa remained behind with Artemis and Harry since it was far too cold up north for the infant. Tom also had to visit his grandmother for most of the summer as well, which saddened Harry greatly, but the boys would be back for his birthday!

"Harry, sweetling, it's almost time for the guests to arrive." His Auntie Cissy calls as she knocks on the door before peeking in. She has Artie strapped to her chest with the fabric wrap Harry had shown her. It was adjustable, comfortable for both mother and daughter, and it was so soft that Artie easily falls asleep in it, especially when she's nestled against her mother's heart. "You look so beautiful, but are you sure you are up for the party? You've been a bit under the weather the last few days..."

"I'm sure, Auntie Cissy, besides Dray and Tom are supposed to be back today!" He chirps, but he does have to admit he's a bit pale. He was still very tired, he wanted to just grab all his comfy bedding and hide in a nice dark room, maybe horde his favorite snacks and just sleep for a week or two.

"Alright, if you are certain, but please do not force yourself. If you feel anything at all, you will tell me." She says firmly.

He nods, finishing tying his hair into a mermaid tail style braid that he carefully pinned to the side of his head so the tail hung over his shoulder. Pleased with his handy work, Harry turned to his aunt and cousin, giving them both a sweet little kiss as picks up his favorite stuffed animal, a really fat stag with wings on its back. He wasn't sure why it called to him, but he loved it. While Draco and Tom were away, Harry wasn't completely lonely! He got to visit and have visits from his other friends! Harry enjoyed the sleep over he had with the girls just the week before!

Though, he just hopes next year, school will be better. The end of the year had finished calmly, thankfully. And no one pointed out or blamed him if Harry purposely avoided any news on Lockhart's trial and sentencing. Uncle Lucius however did inform him, before he left, that around August 15th, he would be dueling the Alpha to the death. Harry hadn't decided if he was going to attend it or not. Harry's not even sure if he can handle seeing Lockhart's face again without having a relapse. He also wasn't sure if he could handle seeing his uncle kill another. He had no doubts, not a single one, in his mind that Uncle Luc would be the winner. Lockhart was a terrible teacher, none of the spells he was attempting to teach the children were actually what he claimed they were.

Harry really doubts the man would last more than a minute seeing as most of his classes had been re-enactments of his books. Or discussions on why he preferred one color to another. Heck, there were three about his favorite foods and plays! Nothing was useful, not even in everyday life, or worth anything in the end. Everyone with at least 3 brain cells quickly opted out of his classes. Lockhart's classes were mostly his fangirls and several fanboys attending them; everyone else had opted for self study. But considering that this was a duel to the death, even an incompetent fool could prove himself in the end.

Speaking of incompetency, Harry will make sure he has his papers ready just in case if next year's DADA professor turns out to be another flop. Though he highly doubts that after this debacle, whoever is hired will without a doubt be thoroughly vetted out. He's also certain they will be watched closely to ensure the safety of the students. Uncle Luc also assured Harry that the DADA classes will take place in a new classroom, as a means to avoid PTSD for himself and the other victims of Lockhart.