Chapter 6

It's been a whole year and I can't complain about how life has been going. I've never been this happy with myself and everything around me and I'm not in a rush to get into another relationship.

My family was invited to a ball, It's one of the biggest events where people who own the biggest companies from all over the world are invited to have dinner and socialize in the name of charity.

Well, the last time I came to one of these I was still a teenager. Mia attended these events with Mum and Dad while I drowned myself in work.

This year I decided to go, I was getting ready with my glam team. I wore a strapless midnight blue velvet mermaid dress that hugged my curves in the right palaces, it has a low sweetheart neckline, with a slit that reached my thigh. It was a custom-made Versace dress.

I wore a sapphire blue necklace that came with a ring and earnings and  had my hair up in a high bun with a few loose strands, I paired the dress with black high heels and a silver clutch with sapphire blue diamonds on it.

When I came out of my room Mum and Mia had their jaws on the ground. "Wow, Emily you look so gorgeous." Mum said twirling me around.

"Let's go guys, we going to be late." Dad said from downstairs. We left the house, when we pulled up with our limo there were cameras everywhere.

Our driver opened the door Dad helped Mum out then me and Mia we had to stand so they could take pictures of us, then we finally made it inside.

Everything looked so gorgeous. A waiter offered us drinks I took one and Mia also took one but I grabbed her hand and placed the drink back. "Thank you." I said smiling at the waiter. "Come on Emily don't be a party pooper."

"You underage Mia, you not drinking." I said walking to a table and sitting down. Mum and Dad were currently greeting their friends. "Okay give me one sip I won't die."

"No Mia you're sixteen, do you want Dad to kill me and you won't be drinking under my watch." I said folding my arms. "Don't act like you didn't drink at sixteen Emily." She said rolling her eyes.

"Well I didn't have an older sister to put me in line, but you do." I said smiling at her while rubbing her cheeks, she slaped my hand away sulking. 

A man caught my eye, he was currently speaking to someone so I could only see his side profile, but he's so handsome. "Who are you looking at like that? hello, earth to Emily." Mia said waving her hand over my face. "Oh nobody I say looking away from him.

"Were you looking at a man?" Mia asked looking around. "No, I was just thinking." I lie. "Yeah as if, I know you Emily was he at least hot." This girl. "Let's get you a drink with no alcohol." I said getting up and taking her hand.

We got Mia a drink we were walking around when I bumped into a hard chest I looked up and it was him. "I'm so sorry are you okay?" He asked holding my shoulders to help me stand straight. For some reason, I just kept on looking at his face saying nothing.

"Emily you zoning out again." Oh my God, she did not just say that, well that brought me back to earth. "Yea...Yeah I'm okay it's my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going." I said smiling awkwardly.

"I see you've met my daughters Nicholas." Dad said shaking his hand. So his name is Nicholas. "Let me introduce you, Nicholas these are my beautiful daughters Emily and Mia." He said looking at us.

"It's a pleasure meeting you both." He said kissing my hand and then Mia's who was currently having a heart attack. "It's nice to meet you too." I said smiling at him. I started feeling hot as his amber eyes stared into mine, so I turned around and drank my whole drink.

"I'm surprised you don't know me Emily because I know you." he said making me turn around to look at him. "I don't usually come to these balls so maybe that's why I don't know you." I said looking at Mum and Dad dragging Mia away and leaving me with Nicholas.

"Okay well I'm Nicholas you can call me Nick." He said smiling with his hands in his pants, which made him so attractive you can see how fit he is.

"I may say you look quite gorgeous in that dress." He said looking at me up and down until his eyes reached my face. This man got me blushing and he isn't even doing too much. "You look quite ho... I mean handsome yourself." Oh my God, what is wrong with me. He chuckles softly shaking his head.

"I just made a deal with your Dad so you'll be seeing more of me." He said smirking as his beautiful amber eyes look straight into mine. I'm melting at this point. "Well I look forward to that." Where the hell did that come from. "Excuse me I need to use the restroom." I said walking past him.

I got to the toilet and when I looked at myself in the mirror I was as red as a tomato, why do I feel like this I just met him. I say to myself putting my hands on my cheeks. I need to pull myself together.

I step out and see Mia standing against the wall busy on her phone. "Mia what are doing here?" I said walking toward her. "Well, I saw you running off while Nicholas was speaking to you." She said rolling her eyes. "What happened, why did you run off?"

"I had to use the restroom Mia." I said looking down. "Do you like him?" I choked on my spit. "No....I...I just met the guy Mia." I said looking very shocked at her. "You know what I mean, did you get butterflies in your stomach while he was talking to you? I would, that man is hot." She said fanning herself and making me laugh.

"I don't know maybe." I said avoiding her eyes. "Mmmmm okay, I'll take that as a yes. The good news is that Dad made a deal with him so we'll be seeing him more often, his coming over for dinner tomorrow." My eyes popped out. "What, why so soon?" They going to see how weird I act around him, he makes me feel all hot I can't explain it.

"They have a lot to talk about, and Dad thinks it's a good idea he'll get to know us better so they'll have a good relationship." Is that even necessary. "I don't understand how you don't know him Emily, do you live under a rock or something? He was on the cover of GQ last week, and he was topless Lucy is going to die when I tell who I met." Mia said smiling like a maniac.

Maybe I do live under a rock, How does he even know me. "When we get home tell me more about him." I said joining my arm with Mia's

All l know is that I haven't felt like this in while, I'm kind of scared for myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think about Nicholas?