Chapter 15

Nicholas POV

I woke up and my phone was ringing it was Elena. "Hey what's up?" I asked  sitting up. "What the fuck Nick." She said clearly annoyed about something. "What." I said confused. "I told you Natalie was bad news but you went ahead and got busy with her."

"What are you talking about, I'm not busy with Natalie." I said. "Well look at the news, you very much busy with her." She said then hung up. I switch
ed the TV on and what I saw ruined my day before it even started. You got to be fucken kidding me.

"Nicholas Kade and Natalie Hale were spotted together at a famous restaurant being very intimate.

The couple had dinner and left together and went to Miss Hale's house the rumors about the two being together at the beginning of the year are now being confirmed. The couple hasn't released a statement but some fans all over the world are happy and some are not."

I switched the TV off, there wasn't any paparazzi at the restaurant, they know not to take pictures of me or follow me around I made that clear when I taught one of them a lesson so who took those pictures.

I called Elena. "Hey baby." She said in her sweet annoying voice. "Did you see the news Natalie, this better not be your doing." I said gripping my phone.

"Nick why would I do this, I want us to be together, but I wouldn't take it that far." I don't believe her. "Nick I'm busy at the moment l'll call you back." She said and dropped the phone.

Emily probably saw this, it's all over social media and articles have bern written already.

End of POV

I went on Twitter and Nick and some women were trending number 1 they even reported it on TV. My stomach dropped when I saw this and here I thought I had a chance with him, well this makes things awkward.

I got a text from Elena saying she'll pick me up and drop me off at the office, which I'm very gratefully for. Why did Nick lie to me about being single maybe they recently got together.

I hate this, we not even anything to each other but I'm annoyed, I'm fuming inside. I have to act normal as if this dosent affect me or I could just avoid Nick but how we live in the same house and we partners.

I already took a bath and got ready Elena is buying me breakfast so I need to leave without Nick noticing  I don't want to see him right now. I took my bag and left my room as quietly as I can.

I got downstairs and no one was there so I ran out the house Elena was waiting at the gate so I ran through the long driveway I pressed a button that opened the gate. "Heyy." I said closing the door breathing heavily. "Nobody saw you?" She asked driving away. "Nobody saw me." I said taking my jacket off.

"Why would Nick be involved with that witch Natalie, out of all the woman in the world." Elena said frustrated. I was eating my delicious breakfast as she continued to rent.

"Our Mums are best friends and I've been suffering all these years because of that, when we were small they made us do everything together that was hell for me. Now I'm older and can make my own decision I thamk the Lord for that. She's always been obsessed with Nick."

I'm not surprised about that.

"How do you feel about this situation Em?" She asked putting her cup of coffee down. I looked at her with my eyes wide open. "I....I honestly don't know, I'm not involved with Nick in any romantic way so It doesn't affect me."

"So you saying you don't feel anything for Nick?" She asked coming closer to my face. "No I feel nothing for him." I said fast looking into her eyes, we were having a starting contest. She leaned back folding her arms. "I don't believe you." She said giving me that look.

I cleared my throat. "Elena we need to go now or I'm going to be late." I said standing up. Elena said she would spend the day at the office.

I'm glad because I know things are going to be weird between Nick and I maybe that's the reason she's spending the day at the office. Shit I need to act cool and avoid being awkward around Nick.

Elena is very smart to think I only thought of that when we reched the office I'm so slow. "We walked in the building and everyone was greeting her, she is famous.

We went straight to my office. "Nice office Em." She said sitting on the couch. "Thanks." Someone knocked. "Come in." It was Alexa. "Good morning Miss Davis." She said walking in. "Morning Alexa."

"You have a meeting  with Mr Kade and the Architects in a few minutes." She said giving me a document. "Mr Kade said you should go through this." I went through the document. "Thank you."

Nicholas POV

I haven't seen Emily she's  avoiding me, we usually go to work together. I don't like this, going to dinner with Natalie was a mistake now the phones in the office are ringing non stop with different news network and shows asking to interview me.

Emily won't be comfortable around me she's going to think I lied to her. "Alexa please tell Emily we having a meeting with the Architects in a few minutes  and give her this document to go through." I said handing the document over.

As Alexa was leaving Natalie walked in. "What are you doing here?" I asked  standing up. "I'm here so we can clear the rumors." She said putting her clutch on the chair.

"I have a meeting so stay here and we'll talk after." I said and left my office and went to the board room.

Emily isn't here yet, when she walked in with Elena I was surprised to see my sister here. "What are you doing here?, you didn't tell me you were coming."

"Brother you do know I have shares in this company but today I came to  hang out with Emily and see how this place operates. Who know maybe I might change my mind and work here." She said smiling.

I took in a deep breath. "Okay take a seat then." She sat between me and Emily. "Elena swap seats with Emily." I said with a straight face telling her that I'm not asking but I'm telling her. Elena got up, Emily had this look of surprise and fear on her face.

They swapped seats. "Now can we start the meeting." I said looking at her.

End of POV

When Nick asked Elena to swap seats with me I wanted the earth to swallow me, you could tell Nick wasn't playing the way he looked at Elena, "Now can we start the meeting." He said looking at me. I nodded my head not looking back.

The meeting was over. "Everyone please leave except Emily." Nick said and my heart started beating so fast, I took a deep breath in. "Elena you can leave too." He said.

Elena gave a look of sympathy and mouthed "I tried." Before leaving. Nick and I were alone. I couldn't bring myself to look at him I could feel his eyes on me.

Nick pulled my chair closer to his, causing me to make a sound. "Why are you avoiding me?" He asked still holding my chair. I was so shocked that I couldn't speak. I licked my lower lip his eyes traveled to my lips.

"I'm asking you a question Miss Davis." He said making me swallow. "You left this morning without me, why?" I just kept looking at him unable to from a sentence  to answer him.

I looked down he placed his thumb  on my chin making me look at him. "You can't talk now." He said smiling at me.

"I...I." before I could answer him someone walked in. "Nick I  finally found you, what's taking you so long the meeting is over." I turned around to see who this women was.

It was non other then Natalie Hale. I got up and collected my things. "This must be Emily Davis." She said coming closer to us.

"How's life treating you after cheating on you fiancee at your honeymoon, I got to say you something else." She said laughing. "Natalie." Nick said warning her.

"Well life is good but I'm not bothered by people like you, who like  bringing other people down to increase their self esteem." I said and walked out I heard Nick calling me but I ignored him and continued walking out of the bored room.

Damn I hate that bitch.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Please vote and comment.