001. the return

moon hye was happy.

she puffed a breath. she was finally back. in daeho. park jin, her supposedly father figure every since she returned yesterday— was taking her to the training center, to take her in songrim.

" hye, are you ready? you've been . . . too quiet. " park dang — gu trudged closer to the moon child, holding a supposedly safe distance from her. yet, hye only nodded, quietly swatting the park's hand away from her face.

" your hand's in my face, "

by the time everyone in songrim was in, what enveloped the room was chatters— more so, complaints— about songrim wasting their time. " songrim! park jin's nonsense is getting in my way again! "

hye sighed bitterly.

" everyone, today we would like you to welcome someone— who had been lost for almost seven years. " park jin informed seriously. a few whispers could be heard before someone spoke up, " who! if they're not important i'm leaving!— "

" it is moon hye of the moon family. "

park jin guestured the moon to step up. hye sighed once again before stepping up. to everyone's surprise, they gasped— moon hye? of the moon family? unbeknownst to them, a pair of eyes had been staring the whole time. moon hye— she'd changed so much since the last time he saw her. she was taller, beautiful, more skilled. for seven years, he'd been wondering about this moon girl. her kind features were intact in his brain. he couldn't bring himself to forget her too easily. his bestfriend, moon hye.

they were once two halves of a bridge. for ten years, they were inseparable— not until moon hye broke herself away from seo yul. left and betrayed, he waited for her everyday under their favourite tree— for three months. but when she never returned, his bridge remained broken. no one could build their bridge the same way the two did. he vaguely remembered the two of them playing by the river. young hye and young yul got along with everything. they never fought. his half remained damaged for seven years, and so did hye's. it pained the moon's heart to leave her one and only bestfriend, but it was for his future. their future.

hye's lashes fluttered delicately, and the way she blushed had the young seo smiling softly. however, the smile faded abruptly soon when he recalled some unwanted memories.

" moon hye it is, right? "

this caused yul tu rapidly glance around the clutched room, and they landed to his cousin, the crown prince. " they say you have already mastered tansu and chisu. " hye bowed, " yes, your highness, "

" then i want to see you duel seo yul, as proof. " the moon child's smile abruptly was replaced by a soft frown, " what? "

" you heard me, " said he. yul sighed— as well as hye.

———

the duel had taken place outside the training center. the halves exchanged nervous glances before both unsheathed their swords. hye stole one last glance at gowon before blocking yul's energy, which was directed at her direction. chisu was her escape. she turned the energy around her into a sphere of strong water, before slashing in between— sending yul little time to block it— as he dangerously flew back into the stairs.

their bridge was never meant to be broken.

hye regretted using chisu on her half. she trudged cautiously to yul side, offering him a hand— however he ignored her, groaning to himself. " you fought well, seo yul. " she sheathed her sword, trotting away from the pained boy. 

" moon hye! " the moon turned around at the mention of her name, " you too. you fought well too, " 

DEAR ALL

hello, thanks for reading my book. i got a headache fir this chap 😭😭 ㅠㅠ