003. embrace the moon

the milky way  is a vast universe of planets and stars. it contains a shower of lost meteorites, stars, and many moons. 

moon hye  was one of those lost moons. in her own nightmares, she struggled to keep up with life. however, the nightmare that proceeded to eat her alive everyday vanished  completely within seo yul's embrace that very night. moon hye felt herself drown underneath his fingertips— the chaos drowned away from both of them— only focusing on each other's warmth. 

neither did the screams of terror proceed to engulf their ears, they could only hear the sounds that their body would make— their heartbeat and breathing. for seven years, the stars and moon were lost without each other. the stars helplessly yearned to embrace the moon, and the moon yearned to be embraced. hye puffed out a quiet sob, fisting her small palms into yul's purple hanbok. his fingers proceeded to brush against her soft hair, gently, it calmed her down. " it's alright, i'm here. you're alright. " 

once hye parted from the seo, both their faces were red at tomatoes. seo yul cleared his dampened throat, while moon hye puffed a monotone cough. shrill tears that threatened to fall from the young moon's eyes had vanished underneath seo yul's warm embrace.

 she almost hated how much seo yul  had an effect on her. he could turn her happy or sad no matter the place or time. she blinked her tear dampened eyes, akwardly stepping away from the flustered boy. it's alright, i'm here. you're alright, those words kept repeating itself in her cluttered mind, almost as if it was on loop. 

" hye, are you scared of fire? " 

nodding nonchalantly, hye replied with a quiet yes. nevertheless, her eyes kept trailing to yul's straight figure— while she herself was in her disheveled form. she yet once again felt lost. though she was in between seo yul and park dang — gu, she felt like a lone star beside a bright cluster. she felt as if she did not belong. anywhere

she puffed out a heavy sigh before trudging back, chucking loose pieces of hair behind her ears. however, before she could completely leave, a hand tugged her back, " you are injured. let us go to sejukwon, " he bowed at the leader, who simply dismissed him. yet, as much as she yearned to tell him stop, her body simply left him to gently tug her to sejukwon

" why? " was all she could push of her tongue. he turned back, sighing softly, " you are injured. you need to be treated. " 

tugging at her once again, hye could feel his soft fingers softly leave her wrist and clamped around her trembling one. " i — i thought you hated me, " once they entered the clustered and clamped rooms of sejukwon, he gently sat her down, voice wavering unnoticed by the young moon. " i wish i did— but i don't. " 

heo yeom came thrusting his feet into his tight shoes, muttering complaints about hye being not careful. 

———

" jang uk? " the very came pushing itself out of hye's warm tongue, a sense of guilt flooding into her brown eyes. uk chuckled nervously, " oh hey— hye? yeah it's — it's only me. do put the blade down, you've frightened her. " 

her gaze fell to the short girl beside her cousin, hesitantly putting her blade down, " what the heck are you doing here? it was complete havoc out there—" her stressful tone sent a light surge of regret to flood inside the jang's veins, he sent her a naughty grin. " no, no, it was wise of you to hide here, " dang — gu shoved uk's shoulder. 

" who is she? " yul eyed the young lass' clothing, " ah, she's only mu — deok, my maid. " 

moon hye pushed her wet lips into a thin line— a strange feeling flooding her veins at seo yul curious about the said lass. trudging a short pace back, she pushed her back to rest on a weak pole, sending her toppling further back, hitting her head rather hard. seo yul noticed this first and immediately thrusted himself at her side, " are you alright? " 

a groan flew out of her cherry lips as she accepted yul's hand which tugged her back up. his breath fanned the tip of her nose, not realizing how close both their faces were. a hitched exhale fell out of her mouth, abruptly realizing their closeness— both of them facing different directions. 

moon hye and seo yul realized that their bridge was finally connecting after seven years— it only needed little time before it would go back how it was before

DEAR ALL

i love this chapter so much ahhh, i want to connect their bridge so baaaaaadd 😭