009. attacked

when moon hye was a little child, her mother would read her novelas of stars and universes arcoss the planet. most were about how the sun and moon brightens the cold nighttime, however, the boy and his moon was her favourite. it consisted of how the lone boy yearned to have the pale moon to play with to brighten his dark nature—

once, there was a boy who yearned to play with the moon. he was alone, he had no friends— yet the moon had the sky and the stars which peppered across the atmosphere that embraced it gingerly. so, he looked for a way to get to it. he rode a boat, sailed miles and miles before the boat sank and the water bought the brunet to shore. a few scattered planks of the remains of the boat peeked out between the roots of tall, slender pine trees and knotty, curling junipers. yet, he did not give up. he found a fish who swam from the bottom of the river and said, " i yearn to play with the stars, do you know how i may get to them? "

the fish bustled within the cold water, " i say boy, it is very difficult. " it pointed to a patch of shrubs which shuffled against the wind, " beneath those bushes is a bridge. cross it, and you may continue. "

and so the boy complied, dragging his feet across the sand underneath himself, gently pushing the shrubs apart. he found himself standing upon the cold pavement of the said bridge, almost— almost, having reached the moon. yet once he pushed his feet forward, the pale moon distanced itself futher, and at last, it was too far enough to be touched— vanishing from the poor boy's sight. he bought a brittle hand at the railing, and instantly he was shoved back harshly— finding himself lying upon the coldness of his nature once again.

it may seem rather funny, yet oddly, it somehow had made seo yul find comfort when moon hye broke herself away. suchlike the boy, he yearned to find his moon yet once again. rather, moon hye never seemed to dissipate from him, as if to seem— he couldn't. however he could, he only unconsciously chose not to. by the days, his resentment grew, causing such emotions to falter from within. yet once time passed, his resentment vanished and had been replaced by longing. for almost seven years, he continued longing.

until one night he crossed paths with a familiar, young female figure. seemingly hiding herself, she excused herself from the seo boy and hurriedly headed to songrim. confused, he followed behind, upon realizing it was his bestfriend, warm tears flooded within his eyes whilst he sobbed quietly.

he trudged off with mixed emotions— he was joyed, yet he had felt a shaky sense of guilt, or maybe, something else. yet he did not know what this was. perhaps, it was rage? no. perhaps, hatred? no— it was love. yes, he was oblivious— yet he would find right time to realize it. as for now, it would remain unbeknownst to the seo boy.

———

moon hye was asleep, though it was not night, she found herself growing tired despite her will to not. she did not notice how the door pushed open, trudging through was a hooded figure. he skidded closer, until his fingertips met as his hand hugged her neck harshly. the young moon child grunted, hands finding way to his brittle fingers.

" how beautiful it is to see you again— dear niece, " he cackled. she began to kick frantically, tugging harshly at his hands whilst the whimpered and coughed for air. the door had been left ajar, which allowed the jang child and seo yul ( who came to check on uk ) access to the released grunts by the young moon. they began to run frantically, pushing the door open with such force that it had almost flew. the man's actions halted, yet his grip remained. he turned to the two boys to which one held his sword high, which the other carried a kitchen knife— that he almost cackled at.

" you are a soulshifter, " said yul, observing the dark that lined his neck and arms down to his fingertips. " release her! "

the man grinned wickedly, yet before he could talk, he was abruptly pushed back— to which they turned to the gasping girl. hye's fingers lined bright blue, her other hand carrying a sword. the man stood up and lurched away in fear, leaving the three by themselves. a gasp sounded through the room, maidservant kim hurriedly running to the jang child.

" master jang! are you alright?— and where did you get the knife? " she pondered. yul trudged carefully at hye, whose face peppered itself with tears. he embraced her tightly as she fell, gently stroking her head.

" it is alright. you are now fine. " maidservant kim observed to two, mainly the moon who continuously gasped to air. yet her vision consumed black— and she was left with yul's voice which yelled something inaudible.

seo yul lifted the unconscious girl, swinging his arm behind her knees, hurrying to sejukwon.

" master heo! please help! " maidservant kim pleaded. the seo boy bought the moon inside the clutched room, fingers hugging her hand.

———

thus, when moon hye woke from her slumber, she found seo yul beside her, tears proceeding to ride down his face.

" seo yul . . . "

" hye! " yul tugged her up hurriedly, closing her within a warm embrace. a few sobs etched their way from his mouth and shuffled into hye's shoulder. she patted his back hoarsely.

" it is alright. i am alright, " 

I luv this chap aaack