008. jealousy

stars clouded calmingly across the sky, the pale moon resting— yet this time, it was not alone. stars embraced it, enveloping it in thick warmth. if it were not for the stars and the sky keeping the weak moon within itself's embrace— it would have crumbled— because the moon yearns to be embraced. if it were not, how else would the moon still be upon us?

however, this was how moon hye felt abruptly soon as though her pained figure sank through seo yul's. she sank depths— miles within him.

he was only hurt— no, they both were.

the tears stopped on their own, left with quiet sobs the young moon child would release.

" hye! yul! " dang — gu jogged toward the two, a sorrowful expression etched upon his lips. " the leader has called us. it is regarding uk, "

———

" i hearby banish the eldest son of the jang family— jang uk— from songrim. you must hand in the spirit plaque. "

the said younger jang sighed, " i do not have it. i think i may have lost it, " he sighed, like it did not matter.

" what is the punishment of losing the spirit plaque? " park jin demanded.

" a hundred floggings— sir, "

" then i order you to flog jang uk a hundred times! " the younger jang looked up, a fearful expression etched upon his face.

moon hye pushed a sigh from her mouth, thrusting her fingers in between seo yul's. the seo boy looked at her, before softly letting his fingers hug hers. once jang uk was brought outside, the young moon child pushed herself not to crumble.

———

a grin withered weakly across moon hye's face tiredly. park dang — gu tugged her hanbok— returning the action.

" do not worry, i will talk to uncle about it. "

from a supposedly far distance, seo yul tugged a frown upon his face. he did not know why— however, he just felt so, so awful— he was jealous. but he knew it was not his place to tell you who to like. he pushed his feet through the path, quietly thrusting his fingers through the moon's. she knowingly pushed her gaze against his taller figure, only to get tugged away.

moon hye enveloped his hand tighter, a soft hint of warmth maasked upon her face. " i wonder how uk feels . . . " she paused, looking briefly at their fingers clasped together, " he must be sad. " yul hummed nonchalantly, continuing to trot at a slow pace.

" i know—" he paused, lifting the younger moon's hand profusely, " what happened to your hand? " he asked.

" ah— that. i got it while training in dahyanggok—"

DEAR ALL,

chap is to short. i'll make the next one a bit longer!