002. moon and stars

moon hye  was the moon. and seo yul  was the night sky with the stars.  the sky embraced the moon, while the moon was the light. the two were once the starry night sky, when hye was sad, yul would embrace her, and when yul was upset, hye would be his light. 

moon hye chuckled bitterly. 

she had chosen to stay at the jang household, where her cousin, jang uk was. though, she spent most of her time inside songrim— training. she liked park dang — gu's company. she felt loved at safe. as for seo yul, she felt as if she was on top of the softest clouds. an imaginary rainbow would find it's way to hye's face whenever she came across the seo boy. yet, their bridge remained separated. they couldn't find themselves to connect it. neither did the stars continue to embrace the moon. the moon shone on it's own, and the stars embraced itself. 

moon hye and seo yul, were, in fact, lonely

quietly, hye sighed softly, gently nodding to herself. she stared at her hands, which failed to wield her sword. she couldn't control her own energy. beads of sweat dripped down her chin, cutting it in half with her unsheathed sword. her energy hit a tree, sending it toppling over. 

" uh— oh, shoot, " she trudged slowly to the now dead tree, sighing. " i killed it, sh[]t. " she glanced around, her eyes landing dang — gu, who looked flustered for getting caught staring. 

" park dang — gu! come, " the moon child waved her hands about. " look, I didn't mean to— " grinning playfully, the park shoved her shoulder, " it's fine, my uncle can bring it back, " hye nodded, trudging back for a few steps. her blue hanbok was now cloaked in her own sweat, turning back from dang — gu. she bid a quiet goodbye and trudged back to the training center, to change from her caked clothes. 

seo yul, was, maybe a coincidence to be there. he eyed her soaked clothing curiously, wondering why both her hanbok, and shoes were caked in dirt. the stars yearned to embrace the moon yet once again. but no matter how much closer he reached, the further hye would distance away from him. he was tired of embracing himself— and hye was tired of shining alone. darkness had long paved it's way around them, trapping them away from each other— as if to say, the moon does not belong inside the star's embrace. yearning to embrace was seo yul, the stars, and yearning to be embraced was moon hye. 

" lady moon, i have left clean clothes in your room, " a servant informed. hye nodded gratefully, skipping up the stairs as if she were only ten years old. ten years old. seo yul yearned to experience the joy and warmth the two shared— when they were ten years old. seo yul found himself staring at the set of stairs hye had climbed. a soft, bitter sigh escaped the young seo's lips. what he felt was unbearable. " moon hye . . ." he trotted himself out of the suffocating room, " when the time is right, i'll tell you . . . that i missed you. " 

———

moon hye played with the sleeve of her hanbok. something told her that today, something would not be going right. clamping her fingers together, she released a suppressed sigh. 

" hye, there are intruders! " park dang — gu warned, panicking. the moon child nodded, clutching her sword before jogging by dang — gu. catching up with the two was seo yul. hye felt fragile beside him, despite being a skilled mage, she felt very fragile with him. flicking we blade to the side, colliding with a body. it fell back into the lake, while she kicked another into. she felt a pain cut her shoulder— however she ignored it. 

" the training center is on fire! " 

running, hye's face masked with fear, enveloping her. she tried not to ruin her tough front, but failed once she saw the burning center. supposedly, the stars found a way to embrace the shivering moon. it's light couldn't hold on, more so, it would burst. wrapping his arms around her body, the darkness's barrier burst nonchalantly, stars embraced the lost moon, their bridge slowly connecting. he enveloped her shivering body underneath his fingers, running them through her brown locks. " it's alright, it's gone, " 

seo yul knew about her fear of fire, the moon child closed her watery eyes, sinking into his warmth. they were lost in their own nightmare for seven years, but now, the walls of the dreadful nightmare seemingly started to crumble, turning into dreamland. perhaps, they could rebuild their bridge— with the help of the star's embrace. 

DEAR ALL

help, yul is finally hugging my girl! ㅠㅠ 😭